Start class c training on monday- NOW PASSED

Hi all, the time is nearly here for me, ive saved up and waited for so long for this day. I start on monday with EP Training, 7.30 sharp but will get there earlier to grab a cuppa. Strange im not nervous at all to eager to get on with it and pass. Ive taken all your comments and advice on board, Ive read the books, i drive everywhere and imagine im behind the wheel of a truck just to get the practice in. I will do a day to day diary next week, got my test on Friday at guildford.I dont like to tempt fate but i cant wait to see that pass banner from Rog lol. im off to relax and dream of trucks, omg how sad does that sound, must get myself a wife lol. take care all and keep smiling!!

Good luck with it fella, when you get a bit cheesed off that the instructor has said the same thing for the 50th time, that is when it has sunk in and when it gets to your test, you’ll hear the guy in your head saying it, and you’ll think i’m mad from what i’m saying but tis the true! Good luck with it and be confident but not over confident!

best of luck to you mate

when i tried the test the first time i got on ok with the instructor and got a really bad case of nerves when i tried the test

through no fault of my own i failed the first test due to a brake chamber bursting
then tried a further twice but i think nerves just got the better of me

compared to when i did my bike test different instructor on every lesson not so nervous when it came to the test

so my advice to you my friend is if you have the same instructor all week see if you can get a different one prior to ur test
obviously depends on the size of the training company but may help

me i havent given up on my class 2 yet looks like my current employiers will be putting me through in the next couple of months already had the driving assesment

again let me wish you the best of luck and hopefully there will be another class two driver in our midst this time next week

johnny boy 1:
I dont like to tempt fate but i cant wait to see that pass banner from Rog lol.

It’s ready and waiting :smiley:

Just out of interest do you have a driving job lined up, or will you be joining the ever increasing group of us that are searching?

garnerlives:
Just out of interest do you have a driving job lined up, or will you be joining the ever increasing group of us that are searching?

Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is this country short of drivers ?

I do have a job lined up with a local haulage company plus im on manpowers books who have been so helpful so far. Im not taking anything for granted and i dont believe anything anybody says to me with regard to work until i have the keys to a truck firmly in my little mitts. I no its going to be hard this year and i can assure you the only reason i want a job in this industry is because ive already had a taster doing long distance in a puddle jumper and loved it.

Good luck pal.

Good Luck with the Training Johnny 1 !!! I passed my C+E Wag and Drag at Guilford in September Mate! Plenty of Tricky little Bends on those Test routes’ watch out for the “Foxes corner” if you go on that route, as im sure your instructor will take you along there. Hope all goes well for ya Matey :exclamation: :exclamation: Let us know how ya get on :exclamation: : :
Good Luck and Enjoy it :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck with it mate, and well done on having a job lined up before you laid out your money on training. :smiley: Very smart.

johnny boy 1:
I will do a day to day diary next week, …

I look forward to that :smiley: :smiley:

Have FUN whilst training - it’s makes the experience much nicer and most learn better when it’s made enjoyable :slight_smile:

good luck mate, you have done well to get a job lined up before you have passed.

my instructor had a big stick in the cab, he used to warn me only twice after that it got sore he he he.

after a while i made sure i got my driving squared away.

enjoy yourself and the training

oh and try not hold your breath too much, makes life a little uncomfortbale when going through built up areas :smiley:

keep us posted with you diary

gud look with the training fella, i did my c and c+e last june+july loved it just keep your cool and you will walk it

gr8 attitude m8, take it steady n u will have no probs, all the best… :smiley:

Best of luck to you mate :wink:

Thank you all, will try not to let you all down, im now sitting here still not got any nerves and still excited. Just had manpower on the phone do i wand a weeks worth of shifts, make me laugh, i explained im busy all week doing my class c, to which she replied is that a no then, lol. Will post a diary tomorrow night fellas abd prob have a 101 questions to ask. Take care all,

Good luck and happy trucking :stuck_out_tongue:

johnny boy 1:
still not got any nerves and still excited.

Lets hope that mindset stays with you til you pass!

All the best!

good luck johnny boy :sunglasses:

good luck mate and dont forget wednesday will be the worst day out of them all!

where is todays diary then? were all waiting!