Driving Efficiency

Noremac:
On the DAFs, the percentage may be difficult to move depending on the last time the system was reset. If someone has been driving for 1000 miles and has a percentage of 50%, you may only be covering a small proportion of that in a day, so even if you are driving at 90%, the system may only move a few percentage points because most of the score is based on what the previous driver did. I can’t remember off-hand exactly how to reset, but if you experiment with the menu you will find it.

As I understand the DAFs react mostly to events rather than cruising along. You do get some credit for cruise control though. I believe it likes you slowing either using the engine brake or just easing off early until down to about 25mph and then you don’t get penalised for using the service brakes after that. It is really into preserving the brake linings I think.

Most drivers just ignore and do what they want by the way. The DAF system is just a driver aid and not monitored as far as I’m aware. Microlise is interested in things such as idling, using cruise control, avoiding harsh brakes etc etc, which is a slightly different set of parameters.

That’s interesting and makes sense
I’ll probably ignore the DAF system in future and just concentrate on driving well while avoiding harsh incidents etc