Class 1 assessment at GXO (Currys in Newark)

Thanks for all the replys! Went on the assessment and yes tacho was required to be put in.

For the chap that asked how it went. I didn’t get through to the next stage. Guy I was with was sound though. Passed the written multiple choice fine no issues. Chat went fine after. Checks of trailer unit all fine, checks of trailer all fine. Couple up as it was the first time since passing the test so (3rd go in my life) did it’s but was slow took me a good half an hour with checks/coupling up etc.

Guy then asked me to do a reverse in between 2 trailers (fair sized gap in between them to be fair to him) got it in after a shunt or 2 but took 10 mins or so. After wards the guy said with the contract they have with Currys (a 1 hour window) he didn’t think it would be fair to take me as you only have 30 mins to get trailer hooked up and on the way and at this stage didn’t think I’d be up to it.

I did mention that it was my 3rd couple up in my life and I would no doubt get quicker with practice and doing it daily. But no deals. He said “once you’ve got some experience feel free to try again” LOL that old chestnut.

A year ago no doubt he’d have been saying great can you start yesterday and here’s £1000 to start! But unfortunately seems like I’m back to hunting for the ever elusive start on the big boy trucks!