Passed my class 2 practical and need advice on jobs

Hello,

I recently passed my class 2 theory & practical through the government scheme, HGV academy. The crux of the matter is that they pay for the driver training and tests and once passed they help me look for a job.

My question here really is for any HGV drivers who can recommend certain jobs to request, They have already said that its entirely up to me what i go for, they’re not forcing anything on me but i have to at least show them that i am trying to look for a job through there scheme whether that be turning up to an interview etc.

Thanks for reading

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

bobafatt:
Hello,

I recently passed my class 2 theory & practical through the government scheme, HGV academy. The crux of the matter is that they pay for the driver training and tests and once passed they help me look for a job.

My question here really is for any HGV drivers who can recommend certain jobs to request, They have already said that its entirely up to me what i go for, they’re not forcing anything on me but i have to at least show them that i am trying to look for a job through there scheme whether that be turning up to an interview etc.

Thanks for reading

So what happens if you don’t get a job, do you have to pay back the cost of the training? What’s the small print of this scheme?

bobafatt:

My question here really is for any HGV drivers who can recommend certain jobs to request,

I recommend you request STGO cat 3 work up to 150 tons, you’ll get paid a fortune!
Or maybe you could just apply for as much as possible, see what you get, and decide what you like?
Well done on the pass[emoji106]