Class 2 learner

Hi all

Looking for some advice if possible please.I am looking to pay to be class 2 qualified through a training company .I have no Hgv driving experience.was after some advice to the following please.Any help woukd be appreciated.

1.I currently work full time,is it feasible to go through practical driving sessions and complete the course as well as working full time?take it I could book holiday etc ?

2.What sort of work and pay would I be able to get as a newly qualified class 2 driver on the south coast near Southampton?would it first be through an agency?

3.what is average cost to obtain class 2?

Many thanks

Si

What training company :question:

We have serious reasons for asking that on here

A lot do the C training and test in 5 days during a holiday week - I did similar when I went from car to artic (CE)

You can go direct to CE and miss out C now if you want to :bulb: :question:

Trailer training Uk in Winchester

Saint85:
Trailer training Uk in Winchester

They look OK and are certainly not a broker who rip off trainees

Thanks.

So what is the work prospect of a newly trained class 2 driver ?many opportunities available? I thought the natural progression would be class 2 first for someone with no experience but maybe I’m being too cautious?

Saint85:
Thanks.

So what is the work prospect of a newly trained class 2 driver ?many opportunities available? I thought the natural progression would be class 2 first for someone with no experience but maybe I’m being too cautious?

If you get CE then there is nothing to stop you going for C jobs

What the job market is like at the moment for newbies I have no idea but I do know this is a quiet time of year for hiring LGV drivers
What the haulage industry says about a driver shortage is not exactly correct - they are short of very experienced drivers with companies not willing to spend the time training up a newbie - there are exceptions around the UK but few and far between from the reports I read on here