Best agencies for a new past West Midlands

I’m a new pass Class 2 looking for work in the West Midlands (Birmingham) and finding things difficult. I’ve sent out about 70 applications in the last 2 weeks since I passed my Class 2 and have had 2 rejections back, the rest didn’t even bother to contact me.
I’m told that agencies are one way to get experience, but there are over 50 agencies in the West Midlands, some won’t accept new pass drivers.

Does anyone have a good experience with any particular agencies in the area? Are there any that you would recommend for a new pass?
Some companies only look at certain agencies when they are looking for drivers, does anyone have any tips on which ones are most likely to find me work?
Many thanks.

Congrats on the pass. at this time of year be prepared to lower your standards and acccept some 7.5 T work.

This is what ive done.

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Don’t send applications phone them or visit them to sign up, if you send applications they bin them like companies do,or they put you on the lists with every other driver looking for work.
There are no best agencies they all have there bull shyters and will try to BS you into crap work or lower rates, try to be firm and flexible on what shift until you get a reputation.
Try not to go down to 7.5 tonnes(sorry to the guy above) as that will not get you any class 2 experience other than furniture work or multidrop that will do your head right in.
Best connection or Driver hire are lower payers and workforce will try to get you in weekends or nights even if you say no. The worst ones are the ones that are actually attached to the haulage firms, they will use you. Stobarts one is an exception as they actually treat their agency better than their full time lads!!
Facebook has numerous local agencies I suggest you look there.

RGF logistics take newbie Class 1 & 2 ,a decent firm in Garrets green in Brum with half decent rates !!

Well done on the pass !!

ROG:

ROG that bottom one is class :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Narc:

ROG:

ROG that bottom one is class :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My daughter found that one and sent it to me :smiley:

SteveB777:
I’m a new pass Class 2 looking for work in the West Midlands (Birmingham) and finding things difficult.

When I was a new pass, I visited my local agency.

The agency was really busy with loads of unskilled people looking to register for work.

However, I waved my newly minted HGV licence and the ■■■■■■■ the front desk quickly got on the phone to the boss upstairs.

He’s got a licence, he’s got a licence, she explained to the boss…

I was immediately ushered upstairs to see the boss of the agency, All the unskilled people sitting around looked on in amazement as I queue jumped them.

The boss treated me like a VIP and offered me immediate work. Can you start tomorrow he said? Yes, I said. However, I don’t do handball so I will need a driver’s mate to do all the hard work. Yes he said…you will get a driver’s mate…and I did! No hard work for me! So the next day, away we went. I did the driving and he did the hard work. To top it off, it was a nice short 8 hour day.

This all took place during the summer holidays when a lot of the drivers are on holiday. Come September, I wouldn’t have got a driver’s mate as everything goes back to the normal oversupply of drivers…just like it is most of the year.