Cat D

Just hypothetical, I have full current CE licence and cpc. Could I take the cat D test without a further medical? I assume one covers both? Also do they both have different cpc? Do you need to do 35 hrs for each?
I’ve got D1 and D1E on my licence.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

You can check your provisional entitlement at:
View or share your driving licence information

I believe it can come down to whether you checked the category D box or not on the original provisional entitlement application for category C. And yes, if you didn’t, it’s a separate medical believe it or not.

As regards CPC, in your case it may depend on whether any modules you have done had specific lorry content, in which case sometimes they don’t count for bus. A quick look on the back of your card will tell you what your current categories are.

When did you do your last D4 medical and when is the next one due :question: :question:

Also - does your CPC have PCV listed on it :question:

My medical for CE is upto date and I remember having prov C and D before I took C.
Looking on DVLA now though the prov D doesn’t show. So I guess I would need a medical a d to do hazard perception and theory just to take the test?
TBH it’s just something I’m considering doing for personal reasons and maybe as a back up or for int coach work before I retire?

Sorry no cpc card just shows CE

Was last medical within the last few months :question: as it could still count for D provisional if yes

You will need to pass all the PCV modules to get D
1a theory
1b HPT
2 CPC PCV theory
3a off road practical
3b on road practical
4 CPC practical

ROG:
Was last medical within the last few months :question: as it could still count for D provisional if yes

You will need to pass all the PCV modules to get D
1a theory
1b HPT
2 CPC PCV theory
3a off road practical
3b on road practical
4 CPC practical

Won’t spaceman have the option of 35 hrs CPC instead of 2&4?
He said he has D1.

stu675:
He said he has D1.

It will most likely be D1 (nor for hire or reward), but yes I think you can still do it that way as the system still counts you as an existing bus driver at the point the bus CPC came into force (September 2008). Possibly even some completed modules (in the last 5 years) could be used if they are bus relevant.

(not 100%, can anyone confirm?)

Noremac:

stu675:
He said he has D1.

It will most likely be D1 (nor for hire or reward), but yes I think you can still do it that way as the system still counts you as an existing bus driver at the point the bus CPC came into force (September 2008). Possibly even some completed modules (in the last 5 years) could be used if they are bus relevant.

(not 100%, can anyone confirm?)

I tried to find that info without success so far …

Found it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
gov.uk/driver-cpc-training/ … e-training
D1 (101) is acquired rights for PCV so choice to take initial tests OR 35 hours

Scroll down to Drivers with ‘acquired rights’