Need an EPIC Card

Right, ive gone for a job Tipper driving. Spoke to the boss today and possibly got an interview towards the end of the week.

He sead i need an epic card. So im looking to do an online course if possible. Mainly so i can get on with it and get the card as soon as possible.
Weather i get the job or not, tipper driving is what i want to do so want to be armed and ready.

Any companies you can reccomend?
Any info i need to know also?

Cheers Rich

It’s not called an EPIC card these days, it’s an MPQC
Costs about £100 to do online (last time I checked it out) should get you seven hours of DCPC.
mp-qc.org/mpconnect/

Thanks Zac-A
Booked in for a webinar next Saturday. The job i was going for has fallen through as the driver that left who i was going to replace has asked for his old job back. Grass is greener and all that i guess.

Anyway, i have a job so what will be will be.

Is there any literature that i can read up on, books or online etc?

Not confident in staring at a screen for 7 hours solid then doing an exam. Had a look online and cant fund anything. Would rather go into it with confidence.

Rich

According to everyone I’ve ever spoken to about it who has done the course, it’s really basic H&S stuff. One guy said: “Boring as … worst 7 hours of DCPC hours ever”. Containing sage wisdom like “don’t stand at the rear of a vehicle when it is tipping” :unamused:

It’s a racket really, only people who are in the “MPQC Club” are allowed to deliver it, and that is a bit of an old fashioned “closed shop” if you’re familiar with that expression from the 60s and 70s. Even FORS are open to letting a wide variety of people deliver their courses, so it’s really saying something to be called worse than FORS.

Zac_A:
According to everyone I’ve ever spoken to about it who has done the course, it’s really basic H&S stuff. One guy said: “Boring as … worst 7 hours of DCPC hours ever”. Containing sage wisdom like “don’t stand at the rear of a vehicle when it is tipping” :unamused:

It’s a racket really, only people who are in the “MPQC Club” are allowed to deliver it, and that is a bit of an old fashioned “closed shop” if you’re familiar with that expression from the 60s and 70s. Even FORS are open to letting a wide variety of people deliver their courses, so it’s really saying something to be called worse than FORS.

Great. Basic stuff then.
I need another course at the moment like a hole in the head. Buta cant go looking for a job without it.

Thanks Rich