Cryogenic Work?

Thought I’d post on the newbie forum rather than the main one. Seemed more appropriate.

Just looking for some advice. I’m based near Glasgow, Scotland and I’m interested in pursuing a move into something like cryogenic tankers (BOC, Air Products etc). Is there anyone who does that type of work on this website? Or even knows someone who knows someone that could give me some direction and advice? Starting to get the impression that it’s a ‘dead man’s shoes’ type of job. But I’m quite persistent, so I’m going to give it a dig. I got chatting to a jolly fella who worked for BOC the other day and all he basically said to me was “you can try but it ain’t gonna happen”. The end. Thanks mate, really helpful.

I already have my Class 1 + full ADR. I have just over 1-year of experience in Class 1 ADR and about 6 months of Class 2 tanker multi-drop, amongst other things if it helps.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

It’s been quite a while since I did any BOC/Air Products work, 20 plus years :astonished:
I don’t think you apply for a job on a particular ‘stream’. You apply for a job as a delivery driver, industrial gas bottles being the main thing.
You can then apply internally for a transfer to Cryo’, or whatever.
What the likelyhood of that happening is, I’ve no idea.

flogas.appellia.com/positions/H … ?id=105496

This might get a foot in the door.

OwenMoney:
https://flogas.appellia.com/positions/HIAB-Driver/?id=105496

This might get a foot in the door.

Brilliant, thanks bud. Will try and nip over and see them in person.

Simon:
It’s been quite a while since I did any BOC/Air Products work, 20 plus years :astonished:
I don’t think you apply for a job on a particular ‘stream’. You apply for a job as a delivery driver, industrial gas bottles being the main thing.
You can then apply internally for a transfer to Cryo’, or whatever.
What the likelyhood of that happening is, I’ve no idea.

I was thinking of that as well. Seen a couple of bottle delivery roles in a flatbed transit that I was considering a while ago. Maybe should’ve grabbed one of those…

BOC? From everything I’ve ever been told, not a chance for a newbie, it’s usually a Dead-mens-shoes kinda job.

Zac_A:
BOC? From everything I’ve ever been told, not a chance for a newbie, it’s usually a Dead-mens-shoes kinda job.

Yes, I’m finding out that that might be the case.