Infringement advice

Hi, I’ve had cat D for 2 years and passed cat C+E in October. Got my first infringement this week due to forgetting to set break so shows 5½ hours driving time. I have an app on my phone that I download my card to after every shift as soon as I get home.

My question is do I HAVE to keep printouts, or would a manual entry in my app be sufficient for DVSA if I were to get pulled?

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

keep one printout (with explaination on back) for 28 days ,give another to tm .

Printout from tacho not the phone.

Didn’t your tacho flash up a warning?
Did you just consider that you’d ignore it and Manual entry your other work to break?

stu675:
Didn’t your tacho flash up a warning?
Did you just consider that you’d ignore it and Manual entry your other work to break?

I knew it was coming, but to take another break would have pushed me over 15 hours so it was going to be one of the other [emoji2369]

Nilknarf91:
Hi, I’ve had cat D for 2 years and passed cat C+E in October. Got my first infringement this week due to forgetting to set break so shows 5½ hours driving time. I have an app on my phone that I download my card to after every shift as soon as I get home.

My question is do I HAVE to keep printouts, or would a manual entry in my app be sufficient for DVSA if I were to get pulled?

New member, two posts (at this point in time), controversial initial posting… :unamused:

Please do not feed the Troll

As has been said you need to do printouts and write an explanation on them, what’s on your phone will be of no interest to the DVSA or the company you work for.

It is a case of incorrect mode selected, so yeah 2 24 hour printouts highlighting where the incorrect mode was. Hand one in and keep one. If presented with a piece of paper to sign, make a note on it saying you did take the correct break but forgot to change the mode on the tachograph. Ask for a photocopy or take a photo of it.

Job done, worry about more important things.

Just to be clear. If stopped by DVSA with 28 days could it be a £100 fine for having the wrong mode selected?
I’m sure there’s a possibility of talking your way out of it / first offence/attitude test and all that. But I’m just checking that a printout isn’t a complete get out of jail card is it?

How far would a break taken you over the 15 hours :question:

Get a printout and write date time and explain like you did here on it then give it to DVSA if they check you.