Big boy and his new toy

daf 3.jpg

Finally collected this tonight.

Well happy, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I’m sure there’s a clever Mod who can make me face the right way!!

Very nice looking…
The Truck !

And good to see a full size unit. No “cheating” with a small truck to pass the test, then having a newbie lost in a full size vehicle.

Pete S:
I’m sure there’s a clever Mod who can make me face the right way!!

All done now Pete, and I’m glad to help. :smiley:

a bit different to the Ford D Series i was trained in :laughing:

Franglais:
Very nice looking…
The Truck !

And good to see a full size unit. No “cheating” with a small truck to pass the test, then having a newbie lost in a full size vehicle.

That old chestnut again.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

Come on then the big question, how did you find the mirror cams? Seems to be a lot of opinions on them by drivers good and bad.

Looking very nice, certainly stands out in that wrap colour.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I’ve only driven it about 30 minutes in total. Always in the dark. But I have to say how impressed I am with the mirror cams. Granted, I didn’t have a trailer but I dont see it would have been any detriment. In fact, they are like night vision cameras so the view is almost daylight.

It took me all of 20 seconds to get used to looking at screens instead of mirrors. I’m very happy with them. But that doesn’t mean to say that they’re all that good. I have nothing to base that on.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
I’ve only driven it about 30 minutes in total. Always in the dark. But I have to say how impressed I am with the mirror cams. Granted, I didn’t have a trailer but I dont see it would have been any detriment. In fact, they are like night vision cameras so the view is almost daylight.

It took me all of 20 seconds to get used to looking at screens instead of mirrors. I’m very happy with them. But that doesn’t mean to say that they’re all that good. I have nothing to base that on.

Pete S [emoji38] [emoji38]

Fur enough just curious as people seem to have a lot of good and bad things to say about them.

We have 2 brand new XF cabs arrived in our yard along with brand new older shape CF’s. Still more new ones to arrive yet so probably a mixture still of both types. 35 new units in all to arrive. So I’m sure I will get a go in one at some point when they are on the road.