Weekend work

Any advice for getting weekend work on a class 2? Can only do weekend due to other job.
Thanks in advance

Spenp002:
Any advice for getting weekend work on a class 2? Can only do weekend due to other job.
Thanks in advance

Registering with a couple of local agencies is probably your best bet.

Depending on what hours you do in your other job you’ll need to watch your weekly rest periods, but you probably already know that :wink:

Thank you mate

Just wondering how they can actually track my hours in my other job as it’s a non driving job?

Spenp002:
Thank you mate

Just wondering how they can actually track my hours in my other job as it’s a non driving job?

if you pay tax then it is easy for them to do so if necessary

Spenp002:
Thank you mate

Realistically you could work 7 days a week every week and you may never get caught, but if the DVSA did find out about it you could most likely say goodbye to your HGV licence for a while or for good depending on how often you’d abused the regulations.

At the end of the day, it’s your licence, your life, your decision :wink:

Spenp002:
Thank you mate

You are required to record your non-driving work (and carry those records with you covering the preceding 28 days any time you are driving a lorry).

If you are stopped and checked by DVSA or Police one of the first questions they’ll ask when they see the pattern in your driving work will be about your other job. If they are not happy that you are taking the required Rest periods, they can and will dig deeper looking at HMRC tax and NI records if they think you’re fibbing.

They will also look at any declarations you may have made to either the agency or the client about having taken the required Rest periods.

If you are found to have been making false records or false declarations, especially on a regular basis, then loss of your vocational licence will likely follow, plus a fine or even (worst case scenario if you’ve been involved in a collision where tiredness is suspected) jail time.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

That’s very helpful Roymondo. Thank you.

Roymondo:

Spenp002:
Thank you mate

You are required to record your non-driving work (and carry those records with you covering the preceding 28 days any time you are driving a lorry).

Further question on this, can this just be jotted in a notepad or is there a set form that needs to be used for this?

Thanks in advance

“You are required to record your non-driving work (and carry those records with you covering the preceding 28 days any time you are driving a lorry).”[/b]
Further question on this, can this just be jotted in a notepad or is there a set form that needs to be used for this?
Thanks in advance

By the letter of the law, these records are required to be either on your digicard via manual entry (totally impractical or even impossible for an occasional driver) or by handwritten entries on the back of a length of tacho roll or analogue chart.

For some years it has been the practice of DVSA to accept handwritten entries in eg a diary or notebook, but from discussions hereabouts it appears this attitude is now changing and that tacho charts/rolls are the only option. In any event written records must include your name and digicard number, and be signed/dated.

I do the same, as others have said keep notes I use a diary to record non driving work and more importantly daily rest and weekly rest.
Use ? When using tacho, so 5 mins or so OW after ejecting at end of shift, then ? for time since last shift then enter.
Only work every other weekend that way you get at least 45 hr weekly rest everyother and payback. Good luck.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk