Keeping tabs on your daily driving hours?

I was just wondering what people use to keep tabs on their driving hours up to the 4.5 before a break. It’s been 15 years since I used my tachocard & back then I was the ONLY one who actually took the break. All the other drivers admitted (to me) that they worked through their 45min. Anyhow is there a countdown timer or something on the tacho? should I use a stopwatch? I can see it being a pain otherwise with having to keep switching to other work.

It will say on the device itself how long you’ve been in each mode for i believe. So wait until it says 45 then you’re good to go. or split it into 15 followed by a 30 min break up to you really.

Ah right, nice & simple then :wink: Cheers.

If your on the “home screen” of the tacho press the down arrow once. it will show the length of time spent on the current mode and in the case of rest and driving it will also show the daily total.

for example

if you have already had 15 min rest after 5 mins of your 20 min rest the tacho will show 20 mins (total) and 5 mins

Try and incorperate your wtd breaks in with your driving breaks otherwise its easy to get muddled (leasti find it is) also dont just take 15, 30 or 45 mins always take a min or two extra.

dont forget breaks of any length have to be taken in one block you cant do 5 mins break then 2 mins other work then 11 mins break and count it as a 15

I was told today I’ll hit the WTD break before my driving hours in the morning and then we take a whole hour not 45min.

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
I was told today I’ll hit the WTD break before my driving hours in the morning and then we take a whole hour not 45min.

when i was doing multi drop around london i used to take 2 30 min breaks one once i got to the first drop where i would wait for the goods in to open and usually the other 30 once i had finished my drops however if i had tooting i would need a break before the final drop.

Well I work around 5-5.5hrs and take 45min then carry on. I spend more time stood around or doing other work than driving