Waitrose - John Lewis

Hi Team,

I’ve got an assessment with Waitrose at Bracknell next week. It’s on nights, 5 days.

I gather they pay monthly. My main query, as I’m struggling to earn enough for a mortgage (single) is, does anyone know what the average monthly earnings are?

Gather it’s a 37.5hr week with 10ths overtime brining it to 47.5hr.

Thanks…

How did you get that? I was just looking last night and couldn’t find any jobs advertised there. Well done. I thought they were training up so many of their own staff that they weren’t recruiting.

Thanks…

I had a lot of alerts set on their website… after three months I’d all but given up looking at the emails. A few weeks agai, a class 1 position came up. You’re right though, they went through a long period of apprentice roles only.

I have the option (if pass assessment) of this or a tramping role. Think my mortgage advisor would prefer the monthly pay etc from a firm such as John Lewis, just not sure the pay will be there…

I worked at the Aylesford site a number of years ago. I’m not sure what the exact pay is now, they won’t be the top payers in the area but they pay a reasonable amount and won’t work you like a dog. People generally stay with them for a long time because of the working conditions.

Back when the world was a different place, they paid an annual bonus based on profits, this did get up to around 12% if I recall correctly but hasn’t reached those dizzy heights for a good few years.

Out of interest how did your assessment at waitrose go :question: