Part time driving for noobs

Does anyone know of companies hiring new/ inexperienced drivers on a part time basis? With the cost of living crisis I want to supplement my income with extra work through driving.

Hello, I do this every other Sunday (to comply with weekly rest rules) for a supermarket, via their in-house agency. It started off as a way to gain experience, as I only passed Class 1 in January, but the extra money is more than helpful with the cost of living rising as it is currently!

The best way is probably via agency work.

Whereabouts are you based? I’m sure there will be people here that can help put you in touch with agencies, based on your location.

Agencies can cater for one or 2 days a week or one day every two weeks, things like that. You generally just tell them your availability and they offer you work, which you can say yes or no to.

I spoke to Logistics People the other day, to do the same, and they wouldn’t take me on without any experience. Something to bare in mind.

TruckingTechnician:
I spoke to Logistics People the other day, to do the same, and they wouldn’t take me on without any experience. Something to bare in mind.

Plenty of other agencies available.

stu675:

TruckingTechnician:

Plenty of other agencies available.

oh, understood completely, I’ve got my CPC4 next week, so not spoken to any others yet.

Hi there, passed my Class 1 last week.

Struggling to find any more class 1 or 2, in or around Edinburgh. I’ll keep trying but does anyone have any tips, or the name of any agencies that operate in Edinburgh and the Lothians?

Jambojohn:
Hi there, passed my Class 1 last week.

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Decided to go down this route via agency to get some experience / confidence at the weekend and applied to several agencies and heard zip from all of them so far :confused:

Where are you based?

Ive tried a few agencies. Mostly crap, but Mainstay in Walsall have been spot on.

Got some part time driving work (7.5T) through them to gain some multidrop experience, its no Scania V8, but a truck is a truck to start! (Isuzu body off (33ft long) so big for a 7.5T)