Renewal of licence and cpc

My licence expires Oct 22 CPC expires Nov 22
I just received my new digicard and have just had my medical, question is can I send away for new licence without completing all 5 modules of CPC ?
I have still 3 modules to go, but was wanting to send away for new licence soon however I need to enclose my old licence and send it back to DVLA. But when you go to sit your CPC you need to produce your licence can’t do that if it’s at DVLA
Ideas!!

Slippymurphy:
I just received my new digicard and have just had my medical, question is can I send away for new licence without completing all 5 modules of CPC ?
I have still 3 modules to go, but was wanting to send away for new licence soon however I need to enclose my old licence and send it back to DVLA. But when you go to sit your CPC you need to produce your licence can’t do that if it’s at DVLA
Ideas!!

Can you do 3 cpc modules online asap then send off licence :bulb: :question:

Another idea - “mislaid your licence” for DVLA licence renewal and then find it for use it for DQC :bulb: :wink:

For cpc, surely it’s just for I.d. so a passport would do?
Haven’t you got old driving licenses around the house? [emoji53][emoji848]

As I drive mainly in the EU I always wrote a note to DVLA , with application, explaining that I needed to retain old licence to work whilst awaiting new licence. Never a problem, just a reminder to destroy old licence when new one arrived.

“Send it to DVLA along with your current licence (unless you need to use it soon for driver training).”
gov.uk/renew-lorry-bus-coach-licence

Slippymurphy:
Ideas!!

You can use your Digi card or driver cpc card as ID to attend the courses, that is perfectly acceptable.

Thanks all
Don’t have an old licence lying about afraid, I’ll take digi card with me or I might even try the unthinkable and speak to a person at DVLA!!!
This must happen all the time……… surely
Thanks again