Thank you Boston LGV Training!

Morning all, just wanted to give my experience and thanks to Boston LGV Training for getting me through my C+E yesterday, third time lucky! :smiley:

If any of you are based in Lincolnshire, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better school for both knowledge and value for money. The training was brilliant, their professionalism and friendly banter made you feel comfortable, but not complacent, and the way they explained certain situations and how to get past them, guiding you through them at the time, will stick with you for life. If any of you know Sluice Bridge or Church Road near Skinners, you’ll know what I’m talking about! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Leanne in the office kept me up to date with what was happening all of the time, especially when I was going out of my mind waiting for a first and second re-test. Nothing was ever too much for the whole team. Just make sure you triple-check your roundabouts please, unlike me on my first and second attempt! :unamused: :laughing:

Overall, I think I applied for my provisional back in February and went for my Theory, Hazard Perception and Medical around the same time, emailed Boston for a training timeframe, managed to get my CPC Module 4 done in May, then my block of lessons in June. Unfortunately, if anyone is familiar with Sutterton roundabout, this was my first fail. Then, second time around in July, ATS roundabout in Boston was my second failure. Both times unfortunately, I caused a vehicle to slow down and almost come to a stop. Yesterday however, no problems whatsoever. Some lovely janky roadworks about two minutes from and back to the test centre, and heavy traffic, but sweet as a nut majority of the time. The examiner was fair, two minors overall, indicating right but looking in my left mirror first and then positioning, not getting the entire lorry and trailer in the junction box.

I have to admit, I was concerned about the gap between my block of lessons and then my first retest and whether I would lose anything I’d learnt. But as soon as you get behind the wheel again, it comes flooding back, even after a couple of weeks break. Don’t worry about the timeframe!

I just wanted to pass on, I know how it feels to hear the dreaded “Unfortunately this time…”, and it ■■■■■. It could unfortunately be luck of the draw on that day. But persevere, because you’ll crack it eventually. When your examiner turns to you at the end of your test, after you’ve dealt with heavy traffic, roundabouts, tight roadworks and pedestrians walking down a country lane on a bend with traffic coming towards you and refusing to move over onto the six foot section of grass they could be walking on so you have to stop and park yourself and wait until they’ve gone by, (now a big breath in, and…) then he says “I’m very pleased to tell you…”, you’ll be absolutely over the moon. Don’t give up! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time all. Drive safe!

Congratulations and all the best!

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif