Truck Driving - Returner

Seamaster:
I have to admit to a growing level of despondency with some of the local trucking companies. Of the 4 that I have emailed here in Shetland, asking about current and forthcoming vacancies, including my CV, and also asking if they take on new passes at C+E, so I know whether it is worth doing the training and test(s), only 1 has responded.
The emails have been really polite and thanked them for their time reading and responding. I know what the suggestion will be, that I need to go and talk to them in person, but after the initial email and a follow up email when there was no response, I am concerned about making a nuisance of myself and scotching any chances of employment.

If youre getting no response then yes, get to see them in person. Dont walk in their yard if they are all running around looking flustered, nor button hole them when they are locking up in the evening, but show you are a real person, keen enough to get up and do summat.
Yes, there is a risk they are going to think you`re pushy, but that is better to take than being ignored or assumed to be a quitter.