New Class 2

Hi all, I passed my class 2 last week and just got my licence back today. I’m struggling with what work to apply for because there doesn’t seem to be a lot around the Blackpool area. Some recruitment companies in Preston but that’s about it.

Do many of you travel long distances to your base of work? Is it worth looking further afield. Just with fuel costs and travelling time on top of early starts I’m not sure what to do. Also wondering what type of class 2 jobs would be best for a new driver.

This forum has been a great help with information and planning what stuff I’ll need to get started on this new journey. Thanks

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congratulations!!
My commute is 21 miles/30 mins each way, which is more than I’d like, but bearable.
I would recommend signing on with as many agencies as possible, see what work gets offered to you, and you will learn what you like and don’t like about particular jobs or sectors.

Can’t believe there’s not many jobs in Blackpool, here’s a search on Indeed with 307 results, you’ll just need to sift out the class 1

Good luck with it

Congrats on your CAT C!

You can use indeed simply to find the agencies, then go to the agencies site and see if they have a branch near you. You don’t necessarily have to apply for specific jobs, you can just ring the agency they’ll tell you how to register and then they contact you when they have work.
I’ve been doing agency class 2 for the last 6 weeks leading up to my class 1 and I’ve done pallet work at a freight forwarding company, fridge lorries with cages and one place moving big crates with artwork in.

There’s a good chance you’ll come across somewhere you like and you might end up staying