Question about poa or rest

hi i am class 2 driver ,working Monday to Friday, start 15:00 finish about just before 03:00 . i leave aft er 25 minute, drive 40 minute then loaded after 30 minute. Again drive for another 2 hours, then i get unloaded by 19:00 0r bit after sometimes, i will have to wait 5 hours to get loaded, is it better to put it at break all this hours that i am waiting, or have my break first 45 minute then put it at poa from 20:00 till 23:00 , then another hour in bay before head back and drive 02.30 ,
i do 12 hour every day five night , they told me need to cut down hours but not possible as waiting too long, is there anything wrong working 60 hours every week monday to friday

If you get paid for all breaks put the tachograph on break for the 5 hours you’re waiting to load.
In your case it won’t make any difference but generally because the tachograph wrongly counts POA as break it can mess up the driving time shown on the tachograph display

Because you know roughly how long you’ll be waiting you can legally use POA but you can also legally use break so it’s up-to you really, neither POA or break count as working time so it’s not going to make any difference which you use as far as working time is concerned.

As for working 60 hours a week is concerned, you can legally do 60 hours working time but as neither break nor POA count as working time you’re not even coming close to the 60 hour maximum working time.
Also, if I’m reading your post correctly you’re doing less than 7 hours a day/night working time so you’re not coming close to the 48 hour weekly working time average either.

Cue the people who are going to tell you how you should not be at work for 60 hours a week in this day and age :wink:

saholan:
hi i am class 2 driver ,working Monday to Friday, start 15:00 finish about just before 03:00 . i leave aft er 25 minute, drive 40 minute then loaded after 30 minute. Again drive for another 2 hours, then i get unloaded by 19:00 0r bit after sometimes, i will have to wait 5 hours to get loaded, is it better to put it at break all this hours that i am waiting, or have my break first 45 minute then put it at poa from 20:00 till 23:00 , then another hour in bay before head back and drive 02.30 ,
i do 12 hour every day five night , they told me need to cut down hours but not possible as waiting too long, is there anything wrong working 60 hours every week monday to friday

5 hours to get loaded! :open_mouth: