Failed C+E test 3 times

Mate, it’s nothing!

I took four attempts at the class 2 and 5 FIVE attempts at the Class 1.

I guarantee just, if I had given up I would never have passed, would I?!

The fact is, failing so much tries to crush your confidence and it’s flippin embarrassing when you see these young drivers turning up with a car licence and nailing the C+E in one go.

But, a really neat way, is to be and drive better!

Not harder but softer, more carefuller, more steadier and don’t be afraid to look like a speed freak trying to live in all your mirrors AND keep your eyes on the road ahead too!

Be calm, and don’t give a rat’s about failing just try to be the best you can be - you’re driving a lethal weapon after all.

Be the best and don’t be riled by anyone or anything. Mr grown up, Mr mature.

Not Mr heavy hard mother, but thoughtful and careful and steady.

I was surprised when he said I’d passed - not because of my driving but because I’d got so used to failing.

Fail, fail, fail but get up!!!

You re NOT trying to pass a test, you are trying to demonstrate to him or her that you are totally in control of the vehicle and the you can manage to get yourself out of any eff-ups and continue to drive. Because when you’ve passed your test, you are the Captain, Manager,. Boss of that vehicle and you are responsible for the safety of you and every mother around that vehicle including idiots who try to overtake you on the inside on bicycles.

You have just got to be sensible and very aware of what is going on around you and with your lorry.

So just practice doing that and providing you really want to do it then you will soon have that ticket. Don’t be embarrassed because it IS VERY embarrassing just drive so that your drive is a great one. Imagine you meet a really beautiful young lady and she says “I just love really careful drivers…”. Well drive like that.

Since passing my Class one in April I can remember at least four times when my inside mirror has prevented a collision due to some rapidly emerging target who was in love with my rear wheels!!