driver salaries

Truckulent:
Wow…

Why would you? 10 quid odd an hour. It’s scandalous.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Manjriver25:
The guy spoke to said they have anti social hour rate. Considrably night allowance out. food allowance. location allowance. no break deductions and you get a holiday

Manjriver25:
You don’t get it, do you? Their “considerable night out allowance”, meal allowance and all the other guff (You get a holiday!! FFS this is 2022 and employees are [zb] well entitled to paid holidays!) is simply a way to make their hourly rate look a little less pathetic than it really

Do you work there then to understand any better?

Roymondo:
You don’t need to work there to understand how it works. Stobarts payscales have been posted here a few times, even direct screenshots that show exactly how they arrive at their “hourly equivalent” by including night-out money and daily meal allowances in the top line. They sell it to the drivers as being a way of getting more of the gross paid without tax, but while it does this it also means that any overtime you work is paid at a reduced rate. And overtime you will indeed work as they like to squeeze as many hours out of their drivers as they can.

Exactly.

It also means none of these tax free “bonuses” would be considered part of your wage by anyone that will provide a mortgage- because during holidays you won’t receive it.

As i said earlier in the thread, it’s scandalous. You have to need your head looking at to work there. Far better options pretty much anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk