New Driver

Hi everyone.

Just passed my class 2 test last week.
So my next logical step was to apply for jobs.
I’m just wondering if anyone could be so kind to advise on what should I expect from interviews/driving assessments.
Thanks in advance

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Interviews, take all 3 cards, wear boots, work trousers polo shirt, look reasonable presentable. Have a copy of your CV and be HONEST, don’t try and blag it, and see what they say most will understand you are knew, get somebody to show you the ropes on the job etc and if they won’t ideally don’t go work with them!

Driving assessments, will depend on the company you are working for, if its a small place might not have one, could just be a quick drive out, make sure you ain’t a muppet or they could have a dedicated guy that does it and you ain’t even allowed to be in the driver seat, use the tailift, pallet truck etc etc etc till you get ticked off treat it a little like the test, Don’t be a dipstick, but remember its not the test so if doing something a bit crap, saying ah ■■■■■ bit to tight there if you clip a kerb isn’t going to cause an issue, mostly likely will prefer it since shows you are paying attention.

Its fantastic the first time you go out yourself, you are going to ■■■■ up, be slow etc etc but its part of learning and any real driver will tell you everyday is a school day, we all ***** up at times, don’t try and rush to be quick get into a system that works and keep at it speed comes with time, when you do mess up be honest about it no matter how embarrassing it is everybody has done a share of stuff like it

Hi
I’m new to this game too.
I passed my Class 2 a couple of days before Christmas and then signed with an agency at the end of January, after I had passed the remaining cpc modules. Unfortunately for me the agency appeared to have lost all my details and so that meant I only got my first driving job two days ago.
It literally was the first time I’d touched a curtainsider class 2 rigid and so I’m very grateful to those drivers who have posted their experiences on such matters on YouTube. I’d have had a very tough day had I not done some research beforehand.

I realise that I haven’t exactly answered your question but in the event that you sign with an agency then my advice to you (with my extensive one day’s experience) is to have your drivers kit bag and ppe kit ready at all times so that when the call comes in you’re not running around the house like I was.
Make a list of the things you’ll need and check your list properly before you leave the house.

My first day wasn’t too bad, I learnt plenty which means I have at least viewed the tip of the iceberg. I’m on a very steep learning curve that’s for sure. Good luck with whatever comes your way.