New Driver

Hi
I’m new to this game too.
I passed my Class 2 a couple of days before Christmas and then signed with an agency at the end of January, after I had passed the remaining cpc modules. Unfortunately for me the agency appeared to have lost all my details and so that meant I only got my first driving job two days ago.
It literally was the first time I’d touched a curtainsider class 2 rigid and so I’m very grateful to those drivers who have posted their experiences on such matters on YouTube. I’d have had a very tough day had I not done some research beforehand.

I realise that I haven’t exactly answered your question but in the event that you sign with an agency then my advice to you (with my extensive one day’s experience) is to have your drivers kit bag and ppe kit ready at all times so that when the call comes in you’re not running around the house like I was.
Make a list of the things you’ll need and check your list properly before you leave the house.

My first day wasn’t too bad, I learnt plenty which means I have at least viewed the tip of the iceberg. I’m on a very steep learning curve that’s for sure. Good luck with whatever comes your way.