Glass' prescription

Hello,
I have my medical booked for this Saturday and I have my prescription which was lasted tested in 2015. My glasses have not changed since then and neither has my eyes. Is my prescription still good. It says recent but I have not been tested or thought that I would require a test as my eyes are fine, there is no change.
I am a little close to the medical and didn’t think it would matter much, hopefully it should be OK. Would they allow this do you think. Some medical places have equipment that can tell your prescription, not sure about D4 drivers though.
Would it be OK?
Thanks
Simon

I think it is good practice to take a prescription for the glasses you are wearing, but my experience was that it wasn’t required in my circumstances. The main test is the Snellen test (reading from a chart) to get a visual acuity for each eye, both uncorrected and corrected.

Regardless of the medical. If the eyesight test was 7yrs ago, how are you confident that it hasn’t changed? For the tiny inconvenience of a proper test, why not get one done anyway?

Acorn:
Regardless of the medical. If the eyesight test was 7yrs ago, how are you confident that it hasn’t changed? For the tiny inconvenience of a proper test, why not get one done anyway?

Seems very sensible to do this.

Franglais:

Acorn:

Seems very sensible to do this.

I know wear glasses since before xmas. One is recommended to have an eye test every 2 years. The test may not mean one needs new lenses so that is your evidence.

medical passed, provisional sent off.
now to book theory and hazard test.