Beta satnav option

Found this little Gem to try…

Allows you to use a tablet 10.1 and be one of the first with a TomTom 10.1 HGV satnav lol, or even just use your phone…

The map is the latest with road ristrictions showing as you drive along (Expert 7 style) …
I have been playing with it or TESTING as its a beta, but no different to the Expert 7 most the time,
THIS IS ALL AT THE USERS RISK … IT COULD BE SHUT DOWN AT ANY TIME … SO DONT MOAN IF IT DOES … £3.99 if you subscribed to monthly,
They may put the price up if it becomes a std release… its a beta… could loose subscription cost if they pull it and be stuck with a car satnav app… REPEAT ITS A RISK

!!! WARNING THIS IS A BETA VERSION AND THEREFORE A TEST PLATFROM FOR NEW VESRION OPTIONS ETC, SO COULD FAIL ON ROUTES ETC WARNING !!!

If you dont get the same option it might be closed now as they only have so many testers then remove the links…

Install TomTom GO app from google store https://play.google.com/store/search?q=tomtom%20go&c=apps&gl=GB
Never trust links on a forum, so just go to google play and search >> TomTom GO

It will ask you to sign up to a subscription with a 7 day trial, this means you can cancel it if this doesnt work for you.

Install the app ----

Next, open the app, then close the app, now
go back to googleplay store, find the TomTom Go app again,
Now scroll down to the Developer section expand it out (should be a little arrow to touch)
and select to join the beta testing.

This can take a few minutes, refresh the screen if it appears to of frozen, but give it time…

Then you get the options to update it, UPDATE it…

It will now update the installed program to the BETA VERSION … (beta means testing new additions to exisitng platfroms, so no complaining)

Once updated, open the app again and let it reload.

once updated
You now go into settings and can select TRUCK + ADR

They could stop the beta testing and then you just have standard version of TomTom App GO for cars.
… how long they will test for, no idea…

HOPE IT HELPS…

Repeat its a beta they can close it whenever they want, usually beta testing goes on for a while, they can amend a beta and make changes to it at anytime,
that can have bugs in it… the whole point of beta testing,… £3.99 (buy a map with the money you just saved just in case)

Regardless hope it helps some maybe, Im running it and had no issues, but I use a map too…
go for the £3.99 a month subscription, then the most you can loose is £3.99 and saves £399 and gives a experience using what is basically the Expert 7
so if you like it and they do stop it, you can get the Expert knowing you like it, if you dont, then you know to get something else.

** If they close the beta for new users let me know and will remove the link, but still live at lunch time today.

Is this a beta though?

shullbit:
Is this a beta though?

Yes … so expect maybe some issues happen, have pointed this out in the post, and heard has sent one person through a bus lane in city centre…

I use co pilot and tbh if you turn clearturn on it is pretty good for junctions ect.

What tablet do you have? 10.1 I take it that is the version of Android? Or do you mean inches?

stu675:
What tablet do you have? 10.1 I take it that is the version of Android? Or do you mean inches?

I mean inches, as in screen size, so same as the Garmin 10 inch screen now… but not £600

Latest android verion…installed

if google play prevents install, would most likely mean your device does not have GPS chipset and can’t work with it, as needs GPS chipset in device<<

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1-Inch 32 GB Wi-Fi - Black (UK Version)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q117JTH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(bluetooth tether to the mobile for internet and live traffic) … about £200

REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA – TESTING COULD HAVE BUGS – COULD ROUTE WRONG ## – dont just trust this without a MAP to hand.

#UPDATE
– ##Someones advised this made them use a bus lane … so really do need to remeber its a beta, and maybe stick with another app like roadlords or copilot if you just follow satnav without thinking about it… but cheap way to see if you like the TomTom style of navigation before spending £399 just £3.99 for a month… routing on the Expert 7 device might not send you up a bus lane, although feeling it could, as it uses residential roads too often for comfort. .

After someone pointing out the bus stop thing, did go see if the standard devices have the issues too, came across the below.
discussions.tomtom.com/en/discu … -bus-lanes :open_mouth:
#someone mentioning a bus lanes issue including the 6250, read this on the TomTom discussion forums, its a bit old, so not sure if resolved yet, or this still happens on the full versions ?

The more I research the more I’m reminded these satnavs are just an aide…and why the expereinced drivers keep advising this… because its 100% true… read forums for the satnavs and see just how often issues are happening… could save yourself a bad situation… me after researching into them, see them for traffic reports, basic outline, and where I am on the route… better to study my real maps, A5 whiteboard and pen, write down the route…