C1 Driving Test

Well, I had my C1 driving test yesterday first time and I didn’t pass it, absolutely gutted. Just wondering did many of you pass it first time? Walked away with 1 major and 1 minor.

I’m doing it for Ambulance, I can’t start my paramedic course until I have a full C1 and I dread the idea of having to push back my course or that this will be some long run of fails! The C1 is the final bit I need.

I got called called out for my observations at a roundabout in the last ten minutes of the test. Coming off the M54, take the right lane, third exit into Wolverhampton. I’m approaching the give way, check my mirrors and blind spot, it’s clear, no vehicles approaching, so I change gear and enter the roundabout towards the inner lane. It’s got trees and stuff in the middle so I can’t see through it. As I’m on it, this Range Rover comes roaring around in the outer lane ( their left) at a ridiculous speed, I’m straddling the outer lane still as I head towards inner. Rather than slow down for me, the rover swerves to the inner lane, cuts in front of me, so I have to slam the breaks, goes back to the left and takes the exit. It would have been the first exit for me at the junction and straight on for them.

I’m really gutted as I don’t really know what I could have done there? Someone else acted like a idiot and that fails me? I asked and the examiner said I should have anticipated it. I don’t really see how that works as it was clear when I entered? He said the rest of my drive was spot on so hoping I’ll be okay next time. Just annoyed as I have to go through the whole thing again and I hope this won’t be a stumbling block for this job I really want :confused:

Commiserations, that was a bit of bad luck

I wonder if the examiner saw this develop as the Range Rover approached aggressively and their stance was that you should have anticipated that they were going to do something erratic and slowed which would have avoided having to slam on.