Advice on Govt funding for HGV license

Hello,

I have recently passed my theory, Hazard and CPC tests and am now looking to start the practical side ASAP.

I am currently in full time employment and have been in contact with a local company in South Wales where they are offering the full practical package for around £2400.

Before i go ahead and use my own finances, is there any advice on here anyone can give on how i can apply for a government grant or whether there is such a thing?

I have been on the government website and found a few companies which offer various boot camps but I’m not sure if this will apply to me as I’m already in employment.

Thanks for reading.

I very much doubt that you’ll get taxpayer funding if you’re in full time employment.

I’ll wish you luck with it though :wink:

There are cases on here of people passing with the govt bootcamp, or people passing with employer funded training. But the easiest route by far is just to pay for it if you can.
Depends how much and how quickly you want to change to lorry driving?

I’m in full time employment and got on the bootcamp ok, no issues at all. Took some time from start to finish but i’ve now got my class 1 licence so in my opinion it was well worth it.

capirex:
I’m in full time employment and got on the bootcamp ok, no issues at all. Took some time from start to finish but i’ve now got my class 1 licence so in my opinion it was well worth it.

Are you using the qualification yet?

Hopefully will be getting some applications in this week.

bobafatt:
Hello,

I have recently passed my theory, Hazard and CPC tests and am now looking to start the practical side ASAP.

I am currently in full time employment and have been in contact with a local company in South Wales where they are offering the full practical package for around £2400.

Before i go ahead and use my own finances, is there any advice on here anyone can give on how i can apply for a government grant or whether there is such a thing?

I have been on the government website and found a few companies which offer various boot camps but I’m not sure if this will apply to me as I’m already in employment.

Thanks for reading.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don’t know if you will qualify, but I know that Bridgend college are currently offering free training at www1.bridgend.ac.uk/course/lgv-training/

I signed up just before Christmas and they offered me a slot, but I was already booked in with PSTT, so I stuck with them as the offered dates were unsuitable for me anyway.

Hope it helps!