Apprenticeship

Hi,

Does anyone know much about the apprenticeship pollock/Gregory run? I read online it’s 13months, Surely it cannie take that long?

Dales556:
Hi,

Does anyone know much about the apprenticeship pollock/Gregory run? I read online it’s 13months, Surely it cannie take that long?

gregory.co.uk/careers/apprenticeships/
It depends on exactly what they are training you to do

ROG:

Dales556:
Hi,

Living wage for 12 weeks, then full salary for the rest of the 13 months sounds good [emoji106]

ROG:

Dales556:
Hi,

Thanks I couldn’t find anything myself :slight_smile:

I don’t see the need for an apprenticeship.

14 hours training gets you your HGV licence…or at least mods 3a and 3b.

Then find a depot that takes on new drivers. Go out with an experienced driver for the first week. Then for the next 3 to 6 months the depot sends you to the easier deliveries/collection points while you get the hang of reversing. This is all done while on the same pay rate as the experienced drivers. The best bit is that you will earn a little more than the experienced drivers, because being new you will take a little longer…all while learning the job on your own and at your own pace.

Dales556:
Hi,

If its for a year plus they may have some sort of nvq attached to it meaning you would do maths and English exams.

The place I’m at offered it to the drivers mates as a progression within the company as it was goverment funded if I have remembered what they were saying correctly.

So they may have taken this approach with the apprenticeship. If I was you I would get a 0% credit card and pay it back monthly that’s if you havent got any other financial restraints.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk