Kit advice for fellow newbies

Hey MuddyK, I hope your new job is going well and you are enjoying it. I have enjoyed reading your posts - I do like a “how my day went” post. I also like a “kit” post - I’m going to have to get myself one of those see-through clipboards!

I decided against a rucksack and went instead for a Kombat Tactical Saxon Holdall, 50 Litre. As it’s a holdall, it sits flat in the cab and is easy to access. When I need to take my truckers atlas, that sits flat in the bottom. I love that it has loads of different sized pockets for all my bits and bobs. The main bit is plenty big enough for my flask/food flasks/lunchbox/water/thermos cup plus coat/layers/highviz. A hard hat would also fit in if I needed one.

I’m on agency, so have to bring everything with me. Maybe you have these in the cab, but a trucker mate recommended spare gloves and socks. He said your feet will get wet one day and you’ll be glad of them. I don’t know about you but I put my gloves down that many times, I’m bound to lose one or both one day . (My life will change when I get myself some cargo trousers :smiley: ).

I bought a microfibre cloth and a cosmetic travel spray bottle and filled it with Windowlene/Mr Muscle glass cleaner. I have used it so much already on filthy mirrors and windscreens where the screenwash just doesn’t cut it.