Infringements

stu675:

Franglais:

stu675:
Or am I wrong?

Ah! The predictive function (crystal balls effect) of modern tachographs?
By doing a retrospective printout, the tacho predicts it is about to have the back of the roll signed, and erases the offence.
Yep, DVLA are gnashing their teeth at being thwarted like this. :smiley:

Iā€™m not sure if you agree with me or not?

I wasn`t sure that you were being serious.

stu675:
But surely, in the situation we have here, it would be a shield of invincibility. Because all he has done here (repeatedly) is record breaks and rests as other work. Therefore a printout with a correction on the back would eliminate any scrap of evidence that there had been any single infringement and the DVSA would be powerless to take any action against him.

I think the rest of my post makes it clear what actually happens with tacho records.

Generally:
Any offences from at least the past 28days are recorded on your card.
They are held for at least a year by the vehicle operator.
A driver doing a download or printout and signing the back does nothing to those records.
If you have a reasonable excuse for any infringements, then any records of you being aware of the infringement, at the time, together with a written explanation may help the driver.
Nothing more.

In this case:
The OP wasnt aware of his errors at the time. His employer didnt point them out to him in a timely fashion. (remembering he is a new employee and a new pass)
He has, it seems, had his errors pointed out to him, and hopefully had the correct procedures explained. He may well have now signed a sheet saying such.
Doing a printout now would IMHO do nothing useful.

Doubt the above? Do any number of downloads or printouts you like, insert card into tacho head, go to printout, scroll through the dates, I bet you will get bored as it goes past several months of records.