Intro - and some weird CPC answers on drivingtheory4all!

smog:
Good luck with the practical, are you doing mod 3 or 4 first?

They’ve not specifically mentioned module 4 yet; I know I’ve got 3A on a Thursday, and 3B on a Friday.
They’ve given me a “show and tell safety questions” sheet to learn - from a quick google, this looks like it might be module 4?

I’ve had some responses back from DrivingTheory4All, which I was a bit surprised about. For example, I asked them:

The exhaust braking system does what?

Select the BEST option below.

A. Creates resistance against the engine
B. Creates resistance against the exhaust path
C. Creates resistance against the driveshaft
D. Creates resistance against fuel

I answered: “B. Creates resistance against the exhaust path”

It says the correct answer is: “C. Creates resistance against the driveshaft” but that’s incorrect isn’t it? - that would be the answer if the question was about retarders.

Wikipedia says: “An exhaust brake is a means of slowing a diesel engine by closing off the exhaust path from the engine, causing the exhaust gases to be compressed in the exhaust manifold, and in the cylinder.”

They replied:

The correct answer is C and not B, as you selected.

“An exhaust braking system works by closing the exhaust path and stopping the gases leaving the system via the exhaust pipe. This causes pressure in the engine, which in turn recreates resistance against the driveshaft, which slows the vehicle down. This allows the vehicle to travel using its own inertia or momentum and therefore stops fuel being burnt.”

Ummmmm…

Regarding the hazard perception, on some videos it was impossible to get more than 0/5, even if you got it frame perfect.
I sent some in as an example, like the three below. You’ll note the images say “the green markers show your previous attempt when you scored 0/5”.

They replied with:

The screenshots of the hazard perception videos you provided show that you have not scored within the scoring window.  We would advise that you click when you see a developing hazard and then click again a little while later to increase your chances of scoring within the scoring window.

And yet other videos worked fine, and on those ones, if I clicked twice, it actually marked me down! I mean, is it just me? Surely my clicks are absolutely spot on?

Screenshot 2022-05-22 091450.png