Confusion on Pay

Hi All,

I’m a new C+E pass and I’ve had an interview today / offered a position, on the job advertisement for a 4 on 4 off Class 1 job that says “Up to £810 per week” which I understand, however, during my interview I was given the following information:

“£431.54 per shift each week.
Over 10 hours worked @ £12 an hour.
Additional day @ £15 an hour.
Night Out at £25
Meal Allowance 0-5 hours worked @ £5 (over 5hours @ £10)”

Based on this, I’m a bit confused as to how I would come close to earning what is advertised in 4 days and wondered if there’s anything I might have missed?

IdleMegaPixel:
Hi All,

I’m a new C+E pass and I’ve had an interview today / offered a position, on the job advertisement for a 4 on 4 off Class 1 job that says “Up to £810 per week” which I understand, however, during my interview I was given the following information:

“£431.54 per shift each week.
Over 10 hours worked @ £12 an hour.
Additional day @ £15 an hour.
Night Out at £25
Meal Allowance 0-5 hours worked @ £5 (over 5hours @ £10)”

Based on this, I’m a bit confused as to how I would come close to earning what is advertised in 4 days and wondered if there’s anything I might have missed?

“What did you miss”?
That is the question you should have asked at the interview.

In truth, no-one (almost) at an interview will ask all the questions they should. Too much info being asked for, and being given, and youre worried about everything. Interviews are rare experiences for many of us. Can you phone or email now to ask that question about how wages (as advertised) are made up? I I wouldnt waste time second guessing their advert`s logic.

If you work it out on a 5 day week with 4 nights out and averaging 12 hours a day it actually does work out close to that BUT…thats not taking in to account the tax on the initial basic wage sooooo…maybe around 750■■?

Of course if you did a 15 hour shift here and there it would be close…HTH :smiley:

Are you willing to work for £431 a week? If so, any extras are a bonus. But don’t count on them.

It probably means someone on the books once reached that pay level for a week. It is quite common for driving adverts to do this, because it invites interest in the advert (in my opinion anyway).

By the way, on 4 on 4 off, I think it is the case in around half of 7 day weeks, you are only in 3 days.