Finally passed 4th time lucky!

My journey started over 2 years ago. This is only my 3rd post on this forum, answers to my initial post helped me a lot in giving me the confidence to push ahead in my career change.

I put in a request at work to start CAT 2 training just before COVID kicked in, so unfortunately it was then put on the back burner for over 18 months. Finally had my first test in November 2021, failed that and the two subsequent tests, until I finally passed 4th time last week.

Its been a long road (pardon the pun!) but probably wouldn’t have done without the initial advice from this forum.

Got the CPC to do now, I am doing this in house at work. Just a quick question, am I not allowed to drive on the road until I have completed my initial CPC training?, I have been told it is 35 hours training which will be done one day a week spread over a number of weeks.

Thanks again for advice offered by posters on here.

pminsuffolk:

Got the CPC to do now, I am doing this in house at work. Just a quick question, am I not allowed to drive on the road until I have completed my initial CPC training?, .

Not commercially no.
Well done on sticking with it and passing!
Would it be worth sorting out your own CPC, you could do it all in one week rather than 5, or more? I believe you could get it for £175 all in.

Congratulations on the pass.

Technically the 35 hours isn’t initial CPC, but I am guessing you have historical 7.5 tonne entitlement, which means you can take the ongoing training option. I suppose it makes sense if your company is running modules anyway.

No you wouldn’t be able to drive for the company without the CPC, unless the driving met exemption criteria (which it probably wouldn’t).

Have you got your digital tachograph card?

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Noremac:
Congratulations on the pass.

Technically the 35 hours isn’t initial CPC, but I am guessing you have historical 7.5 tonne entitlement, which means you can take the ongoing training option. I suppose it makes sense if your company is running modules anyway.

No you wouldn’t be able to drive for the company without the CPC, unless the driving met exemption criteria (which it probably wouldn’t).

Have you got your digital tachograph card?

No, I don’t have a digital tachograph.

I believe the historical Entitlement you are referring to is also called ‘grandfather rights’? Yes I have those.

Welcome to the 4th time lucky club :sunglasses:

Many congratulations!