Finding weekend work

After passing my class 1 test last Friday I am going to be looking for some weekend shifts as I work Monday to Friday. How easy is it to find this kind of work and is going through agencies the best route to take. All new to me so any info will help

relatively easy just apply to some agency the ones which make you do assessment will give you more work imo ( as noobies fail assessments ) but its not xmas or easter and the goverment are liers so work will be hit and miss and start times good news weekend much higher pay

speak to the agency and tell them your needs weekend only but then again agency are the biggest crooks who just want you to apply and are dry

TruckDriverBen:
relatively easy just apply to some agency the ones which make you do assessment will give you more work imo ( as noobies fail assessments ) but its not xmas or easter and the goverment are liers so work will be hit and miss and start times good news weekend much higher pay

speak to the agency and tell them your needs weekend only but then again agency are the biggest crooks who just want you to apply and are dry

Been looking on Google and there seems to be a few agencies near me. I will get in touch with them and see what they say. Do they ask for CV’s?, if so that will be my first job. Only been in one job for 25 years so never needed one.

Stuart1:

TruckDriverBen:

Been looking on Google and there seems to be a few agencies near me. I will get in touch with them and see what they say. Do they ask for CV’s?, if so that will be my first job. Only been in one job for 25 years so never needed one.

If you apply online for jobs on Indeed, Reed CV Library etc. You will need a CV.
It should be very easy to write if you’ve only had one job. Going direct to agencies I don’t remember them being fussed about seeing a CV.

Congratulations on passing!!!

Remember that due to tacho rest laws you can only drive for one day every other weekend

ROG:
Remember that due to tacho rest laws you can only drive for one day every other weekend

OP hasnt written he works in haulage industry he could be working at mcdonalds mon-fri so he can work every weekend unless your going tell him to be boring and do a manual entry for those days as ‘? or other work’

and no with indeed just apply with the agency they will have there name written and google the number and speak to them it will be quicker, they will ask for ID/bank details thru whatsapp much quicker imho

TruckDriverBen:

ROG:

OP hasnt written he works in haulage industry he could be working at mcdonalds mon-fri so he can work every weekend unless your going tell him to be boring and do a manual entry for those days as ‘? or other work’

o

You’d be happy recording 5 days a week rest every week? [emoji15]
That’s believable [emoji849]

After passing my class 1 test last Friday

You kept that quiet! Congratulations :sunglasses: You passed your C+E the same day I passed my C.

Goff118 works during the week and works alternate Sundays. He’s posted about his experiences, if you search, it might help.

stu675:

driveress:
You kept that quiet! Congratulations :sunglasses: You passed your C+E the same day I passed my C.

Thanks, I think part of me still can’t believe I passed.

TruckDriverBen:

I work in the building trade

and no with indeed just apply with the agency they will have there name written and google the number and speak to them it will be quicker, they will ask for ID/bank details thru whatsapp much quicker imho

I will do, that way I can explain exactly what I’m looking for

driveress:
Goff118 works during the week and works alternate Sundays. He’s posted about his experiences, if you search, it might help.

Reading some of his posts the now, just what I’m looking to do. Thanks for that

Stuart1:

stu675:

driveress:

Thanks, I think part of me still can’t believe I passed.

I can’t believe ROG posted on this thread without giving you fireworks :laughing:

Supermarket need driver all tha time. Just need to pass assessment, its like revering on tha etc.

TruckDriverBen:

ROG:

I hope you are not suggesting he commits fraud :question:

driveress:
I can’t believe ROG posted on this thread without giving you fireworks

OOPS :blush: :blush: :blush:

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

ROG:

TruckDriverBen:

ROG:

I hope you are not suggesting he commits fraud :question:

All fun and games until something goes wrong!

Stuart1:

driveress:

If you need any info, just drop me a message!

Nice reply by Goff118>
Nothing to say you can’t do some driving at the weekends, but there are rules that say you MUST keep a record for the prev 28 days, and about your rest periods. Just make sure you know and comply with those rules. Those few extra quid at the weekends could suddently be lost in paying the graduated penalties!!!

ROG:

driveress:
I can’t believe ROG posted on this thread without giving you fireworks

OOPS :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks ROG :smiley:

Goff118:

Stuart1:

driveress:

If you need any info, just drop me a message!

Thanks Goff118. If I could get something like you, that would be perfect. I will contact a few agencies and see where it goes.