Provisional Licence for class one

Hi folks ,applied for a provisional licence for class one, just had my driving licence back today , and the entitlement is exactly the same as my old one , the only difference is it is a different colour.

Been online to look at the DVLA booklet and still none the wiser

rmc3267:
Hi folks ,applied for a provisional licence for class one, just had my driving licence back today , and the entitlement is exactly the same as my old one , the only difference is it is a different colour.

I suggest you find a comfortable seat and have a drink as the wait will be some time.

When you say your licence is a different color, what do you mean?

I exchanged my licence (full UK) to add Cat. C provisional, and it was the same color but just a different issue number.

If you check your licence online at www.gov.uk it should show Cat. C provisional at the very bottom of the list of entitlements.

The plastic licence does NOT show provisional entitlements anymore, but the issue number (two digits after your licence number) should match the website.

TruckerGuy:

rmc3267:

I suggest you find a comfortable seat and have a drink as the wait will be some time.

When you say your licence is a different color, what do you mean?

I exchanged my licence (full UK) to add Cat. C provisional, and it was the same color but just a different issue number.

If you check your licence online at gov.uk it should show Cat. C provisional at the very bottom of the list of entitlements.

The plastic licence does NOT show provisional entitlements anymore, but the issue number (two digits after your licence number) should match the website.

By different colour I’m assuming he had the old pink licence and now has the new version

Vehicles you can provisionally drive

Category : C1
Show information
Category : C1E
Show information
Category : C
Show information

Category : CE
Hide information
Dates

Start date: 29 Apr 2022
End date: 28 Apr 2027
Description

You can drive vehicles weighing over 3,500kg (with a trailer over 750kg), with no more than more than 8 passengers and a driver

Restriction codes

01 Eyesight Correction

This is what is says on the DVLA site once I put my details in .

Does your plastic licence have the same issue number as the website?

e.g. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 01 << 01 is the issue number

rmc3267:
Hide information
Dates

That’s your class one provisional entitlement, it only shows online. Good luck with your training and test! [emoji106]

TruckerGuy:
Does your plastic licence have the same issue number as the website?

e.g. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 01 << 01 is the issue number

Yes both say issue 34

stu675:

rmc3267:
Hide information
Dates

That’s your class one provisional entitlement, it only shows online. Good luck with your training and test! [emoji106]

Ok thank you .

How long did it take to get it back?

My application was received by Swansea on the 20th of April, as of Tuesday they are working on applications received on the 27th, but the website hasn’t updated my details yet

Tonyw38:
How long did it take to get it back?

My application was received by Swansea on the 20th of April, as of Tuesday they are working on applications received on the 27th, but the website hasn’t updated my details yet

Sent mine on the 23 of April and came back 6th May , so quite happy how quick they were .

rmc3267:
Sent mine on the 23 of April and came back 6th May , so quite happy how quick they were .

Cheers, mine was posted on the 19th, unfortunately 8 weeks before I can phone them

Class one provisional isn’t shown on the liscence.

Check you have the entitlement online.