ADR and newly qualified drivers

Hi guys,
I am doing my C+E training this month and was wondering if it is worth doing my ADR as a new driver. Will i get any work as i imagine there are plenty of experienced drivers out there already with it, i have found a course near me for £600 that incorporates 28 hours cpc into it too so there is the advantage of only having to take one 7 hour course to get my cpc.

Thanks

Is there any ADR work in your area?
If there is, then it’s definitely worth doing.

Lack of driving experience can’t be helped by adding ADR, but if they need a Class 1 with ADR and you’re available when no one else is, then the ADR could help you get the gig and therefore the driving experience.

If you go for ADR make sure they run online exams - this means you’ll get your results within twenty minutes of the exams finishing. Candidates who do the paper-based exams have to wait for two or three or in extreme cases even as long as four weeks to get their results.

If you’re based anywhere near the North-east, PM me and I’ll let you know where you can do ADR for a touch under £500 (inc Tanks and 28 hours DCPC); they do a bundle where you can get your fifth DCPC on the Saturday of the same week for £550 all in.

Thanks for the offer but a bit too far away, im near Blackburn so not much work local but not far from Manchester and Liverpool so i would imagine there is plenty of ADR work about if im willing to travel a bit.

It simply comes down to maths to work out the value, when my CPC was due for renewal I found an ADR course for around £500 which included 28 hours CPC, at the time CPC was around £60 so 4 x 60 = £240 take this away from the £500 ADR and it basically meant I was getting my ADR for £260.

Also add into this that I only needed to spend 5 days in the classroom to get both ADR and 28 hours CPC rather than doing both courses separately and wasting nearly 2 weeks of my life sat in a classroom. The figures are approximate because it was over 3 years ago and I cant remember the exact amounts.

I have not yet used my ADR qualification on this cycle, but I will more than likely do the same again when my CPC is up for renewal if I happen to be paying for it myself as it works out as value in regard to both time and money.
And it is SLIGHTLY less boring :laughing:

Yeah, those calculations are still near enough spot on.

I don’t hear people complaining ADR is boring, but I do hear them say “There’s a lot to take in”, so I guess keeping your mind busy counteracts any tendency to become bored, as you can’t be sure what might crop up in the exams. Most people find the ADR course flys by.