Drumroll please

4th time lucky for me today. I finally passed my Class 2 :sunglasses:. Over the past few months I have congratulated many fellow TruckNetUK newbies on their passes and imagined how good they must feel. Today it’s my turn - I get to feel that feeling. It feels so, so good! The relief, the happiness, I just can’t stop grinning :smiley: I did it!

Very well done, congratulations!!

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Awesome [emoji41] so happy for you, well done [emoji119]

Congratulations! Tell us more [emoji2] How did it go on the day? What was the difference this time?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Despite the setbacks, I knew you would finally get there.

youtu.be/Ek56AgxwybI

How much did you bribe the examiner ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yessss! Congratulations! There is nothing quite like that feeling is there, pure accomplishment and hard work all paid off in the end :smiley: so pleased for you!

Congratulations!

Congratulations mate.
I remember the feeling well.
You’ll be high for a few days and well deserved. Perseverance paid off.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. I got to re-live it all when I saw ROG’s fireworks and Star down under’s drumroll :slight_smile: I could swear I woke up smiling this morning :smiley:

Congratulations! Tell us more [emoji2] How did it go on the day? What was the difference this time?

I think it was mindset. I’m reading Mind Driving at the moment and this jumped out at me yesterday (albeit after my test):

“Whatever mindset you choose to have, it definitely will guide every thought you have and every action you take”

I felt calmer yesterday. My mindset, for the first time was “I can do this, I am ready”. Previous test’s mindsets were “I HAVE to do this” - a bit panicky, “What will be will be” - a bit lazy and not taking responsibility, “Just do it” - a bit dismissive.

I was still nervous, don’t get me wrong, but something had changed inside. I believed I deserved to pass and could achieve it. I believed I knew what I was doing.

I found out when I got to the training school that my usual instructor wasn’t available, so I had someone else for my pre-test drive, and the vehicle was late back so we didn’t have long. I didn’t let that stress me out though. Maybe this change was also good in a way, as the change helped break the mental cycle of “here we go again” haunting me.

It was a gorgeous sunny afternoon and I managed, mostly, to think about just taking the examiner for a drive. When I caught myself wondering where we would be going and trying to second guess the test route I stopped myself and just drove to the conditions and tried to keep the overthinking nonsense out of my head. I even went somewhere I’ve never been before during training and that didn’t stress me out either. I had an examiner I haven’t had before and he was nice. I got 6 minors.

There were a couple of hairy moments - one right at the beginning when I was so focused on checking the pavement for pedestrians on exiting the test centre that I almost forgot to indicate out of it and the other was when I had to get into the leftmost of the right lanes to follow the M5 and nobody would let me across. I swear at least 6 cars whizzed past me. I almost had to say to the examiner that I’m afraid we can’t follow the M5 :slight_smile: but finally someone let me out, thankfully.

Those words though, at the end…I turned off the ignition and before I could even take a breath, he just said it. It was an awesome moment, as you all know, so you won’t mind if I mention it again :smiley:

driveress:
I’m reading Mind Driving at the moment

Brilliant book - I have read it a few times along with Roadcraft

Congratulations on passing :smiley:

Well done on passing & getting the Fireworks post!

congrats !

TruckDriverBen:
How much did you bribe the examiner ? :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be illegal, but there’s no harm in feeding some biscuits to the examiner’s guide dog. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :laughing:

driveress:
4th time lucky for me today. I finally passed my Class 2 :sunglasses:. Over the past few months I have congratulated many fellow TruckNetUK newbies on their passes and imagined how good they must feel.

driveress:
Today it’s my turn - I get to feel that feeling. It feels so, so good! The relief, the happiness, I just can’t stop grinning :smiley: I did it!

I’ve still got the grin that I earned in 1979. :smiley:

Congratulations!! :smiley:

Thanks everyone, and I’m so happy to have extra fireworks, dieseldave, thank you :smiley: