Just passed my Cat C! Yay (kinda)

Took my Class 2 test last week to complete all parts of the CPC. Considering I’d never sat in anything bigger than a luton van 4 days before the test I’m pretty happy with how it went, no screw ups and got 4 minors which were some late signals or something.

So I went home with smile and a fuzzy warm feeling to start looking for jobs… and well, it’s not going well so far.

I’m not sure if my expectations were unrealistic, or that I live exactly 30 min from all major towns near me (I’m north Gloucestershire) but I cant seem to find a lot other than bin lorries or jobs where “there may be times where you work in the warehouse”. Either that or they’re too far away or simply low money. I don’t mind a bit of a commute but much more than half an hour and you start to notice the fuel cost. Relocating is out of the question too for the time being.

So I guess I’d quite like to know what’s normal? What should I expect? Is it a case of doing the naff jobs and keeping a lookout for better work in the meantime? Should I just take literally any job for now to get some time under my belt?

As a bit of back story, this is a career change for me. Been self employed for the last 20 years, thought with all the “demand” that it would be a good way to go. I’ve paid for a class 1 course and test but am still waiting for a date to come through.

Any thoughts/help would be much appreciated.

Steve

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congratulations! Don’t denigrate your achievement [emoji106]
I would just sign up with as many agents as you want to rather than look for a full time job. Then you will gain more varied experience and see what you like doing, maybe even find an employer closer to you that you didn’t know about. If jobs are further away than you prefer, just think of it as only a week or even a day, I’m sure the pay will cover the commute anyway.