Looking For A Trainer

I’m retired now & out of it, but I still often get asked all the Qu’s on how to get into the very easy & very, very lucrative world of the driving of the lorries :slight_smile:.

Mostly, due to where I live, I end up by saying “go & have a chat with Pete Smythe” but the latest doesn’t seem to be listening to a word of my qualified advice.

Male, age 54, several health problems including type 2 diabetes, very poor eyesight & chronically overweight. Work history has mostly consisted of job hopping between unskilled & menial tasks but the last few years he has been stable with a small Co’ making bespoke furniture. Driving history (in anyone’s opinion) is abysmal, over 20 points accumulated since points were introduced. A drink driving ban 20+yrs ago taught him a lesson, but if you witnessed him driving along the highway today you would ‘wince’.

You’d have thunk that no self respecting driving skool would take his money wouldn’t you.

Nope. He’s proudly proclaimed that he’s just signed up to a broker on a credit agreement & is “guaranteed” a class 1 pass & a job at the end of it.

It might be the making of him! [emoji23]
Sorry, was there a question? You said he’s already signed up.