Is it easy to get employment when a Newly qualified C+E

MeatCannon:

chriswvtr:
I’m finding it impossible and it’s really getting me down, all I get is “we don’t take on new drivers” I’ve had an assessment and an interview, failed the assessment on the reverse and didn’t get any further than a 10 minute chat with Tuffnells who I’m told are desperate for drivers and will take on anyone. :unamused:

I have a full time job as a sales rep already so don’t want to quit that for unreliable agency hours so how can I get experience?!

I’m beginning to feel like I’ve been sold a lie and there isn’t this “driver shortage”.

If you don’t mind long hours try Stobart or WS they do 6am -6pm or 6pm-6am and they put you through their driving school. If you want shorter hours then try DHL or Asda they take on new passes and put you through their driving school. I’m in your position and these places have all offered me jobs but the hours don’t quite suit me as I need 3pm starts. I am waiting on Asda to see if they can get me on the late rota.

I’ve seen loads on here slating Stobart so I think I’ll give them a miss, I applied for a job through Staffline, turns out it’s DHL they texted me today to say they’ll book me in for an assessment next week, but that was it, no details no times. So fingers crossed, it’s 11:30pm starts though Mon-Fri which is not ideal but at the moment I’ll take it and then look for better shifts if I get it.