How tough is the Mod 4?

I’ve got my test tomorrow and it’s the last thing to do after passing my Class 1 a couple of weeks ago.

The training firm I’ve used have sent me a learning package, with lots of videos of an instructor walking around and explaining all the things that need to be checked and done with regards immigration, fires, air tanks etc. I’ve got no issues with this, its a lot of common sense and methodical working on the vehicle to make sure you cover all the bits needed.

However I’m not sure of my confidence on the load restraints. I’ve had fights in a previous job with ratchet straps and I bloody hate the things, and I’m the kinda person who needs to get hands on with something to learn it, rather than watching instructional videos.

Is it a really tough test, or is there a bit of leeway if the examiner can see you know what you want to do with the restraints and how they work, but you struggle a bit because you’re unfamiliar with them?

Your trainer should have prepared you for this and if not then why not :question:

Agreed your trainer should trained you

Piece of cake if you’ve been trained properly and done some revision

Load restraints are not used currently. It was a Covid precaution but still in place.

Sounds like your trainer has an economical approach to the training but you sound wired up so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

All the best with it Pete S[emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Pete S:
Load restraints are not used currently. It was a Covid precaution but still in place.

That’ll be a bloody result if its still the case!

I done my mod 4 in Feb and had to show how to use the restraints, so it must depend where you are doing it.

How did you get on OP?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk