Evri (Hermes)

Hi,

If it’s already been asked, apologies, but I passed my Cat C last month and looking at part time jobs to get up to speed before considering leave my full time job.

Been offered work with Evri but they want me to attend for a driver assessment.
Anyone done this and has anyone any knowledge of what Evri are like?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Driver assessments are common, especially so with a new pass; theory assessments are quite common too regardless of whether you’re new or experienced.

Big name companies always have plenty of hoops they want you to jump through, and many often have a full day’s worth of induction which follows after the driving (and theory) assessment(s).

Thanks Zac

Things may have changed, but I had an interview with Hermes Maidstone for class 2 when I was a new pass a few years ago. Interview was very brief, didn’t really ask me any questions and offered me the job without a driving assessment!! They were desperate for drivers, all the manager wanted was for me to sign the contract there and then without even seeing the terms of employment. Seemed like a fly by night out fit with a massive turn over of drivers, pay was worse than I was getting as a postman at the time too.

I ran a mile and never looked back… Even with the chance of a drive as a new pass.

I was there about 3 hours, did a very basic English and maths test. Road signs and driving regulations test. Went on a drive for about 45 minutes then watched a couple health & safety vids. Glad I did it but think you’re right, gonna keep options open for right opportunity

Morning Daiswans. Did you start at Evri in the end. If you did how was it. I’m just curious as I’ve been offered Class 2 work in Plymouth. Thanks Glynno.

They’re looking for class 1 drivers in Southampton too. Higher hourly rate than I’ll be getting but I’d have fuel expenses getting there and other than gaining class 1 experience it doesn’t give me much else, hence why I’m starting at Freightroute on Monday. So did you take the job?? be interesting to know what it’s like.

Glynno:
Morning Daiswans. Did you start at Evri in the end. If you did how was it. I’m just curious as I’ve been offered Class 2 work in Plymouth. Thanks Glynno.

How is the Class 2 work out of Plymouth? I go out of Bristol and it is decent enough here

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk