Why can't I book Driver CPC Module 2!

I booked my Theory & Hazard Perception tests for LGV yesterday

I went to see when I could book the CPC module 2 and put in my details via the gov.uk site and it said “Based on the information provided you are not eligible for any tests”

Can I not have all three booked at the same time?
Has anyone else had this issue?

I got my licence back in 1992, so is it because I have C1 entitlement and don’t need CPC 2?

Do I actually need to do the 35hrs CPC course?

Do those who get a licence after 1997 have to do CPC 2 test and the 35hrs CPC

TIA

You can choose whether to do Mod 2 and Mod 4 Initial CPC, which may be quicker, but are pass or fail tests.
Or you can choose to do 35 hours Periodic DCPC, classroom or online.

Either way, whilst you can gain your C or C+E entitlement without taking one of the CPC options, you can’t use it to work for a living without having either the Initial or Periodic CPC described.

Zac_A:
You can choose whether to do Mod 2 and Mod 4 Initial CPC, which may be quicker, but are pass or fail tests.

Either way, whilst you can gain your C or C+E entitlement without taking one of the CPC options, you can’t use it to work for a living without having either the Initial or Periodic CPC described.

Hi - It will not let me book Module 2 so maybe that isnt an option. Maybe my only recourse is to do the 35hr course.

Do I need to have done the 35hrs prior to the LGV practical or do I do that after passing ■■?

Dazzybee:

Zac_A:

Hi - It will not let me book Module 2 so maybe that isnt an option. Maybe my only recourse is to do the 35hr course.

Do I need to have done the 35hrs prior to the LGV practical or do I do that after passing ■■?

You need to phone dvla to book module 2 or get training company to book for you or as Zac says do 35hr hrs Periodic cpc

Dazzybee:

You only need to do it before starting to drive for a living, as you have your C1 already you have the choice to do it before your 3a & 3b or afterwards.

Your training provider may give you a deal on Periodic DCPC seeing as you’ve already parted with the readies for the truck training.

EDIT: and, TBH, if they have a well thought out periodic DCPC covering a wide variety of essential topics (Drivers hours, Vulnerable Road Users, Safe Loading, Defect Checking, O-licence awareness etc) then you could be better off doing that instead of Mod 2 & Mod 4.

Plus, you could if you wanted, choose to do ADR to get 28 of those 35 hours, which would (if you have ADR work in your area) enhance your employability.

With a pre 1997 licence you could do the 35 hours now and get a digicard then drive 7.5s commercially for a while :bulb:

Zac_A:

Dazzybee:

You only need to do it before starting to drive for a living, as you have your C1 already you have the choice to do it before your 3a & 3b or afterwards.

Your training provider may give you a deal on Periodic DCPC seeing as you’ve already parted with the readies for the truck training.

EDIT: and, TBH, if they have a well thought out periodic DCPC covering a wide variety of essential topics (Drivers hours, Vulnerable Road Users, Safe Loading, Defect Checking, O-licence awareness etc) then you could be better off doing that instead of Mod 2 & Mod 4.

Plus, you could if you wanted, choose to do ADR to get 28 of those 35 hours, which would (if you have ADR work in your area) enhance your employability.

So even though this would be my first 35hrs CPC I can do the ADR course and that accounts for 28hrs ■■?
Can I then for my final 7hrs pick any of the 5 CPC modules ■■

TIA

Dazzybee:
So even though this would be my first 35hrs CPC I can do the ADR course and that accounts for 28hrs ■■?

TIA

Absolutely. Even Cat B holders (car and van) can do ADR, but of course they don’t need the DCPC hours. There’s not really any HGV-specific content to ADR, though I do add in some stuff about safe loading.

Where I deliver ADR they do a package deal where you can do your remaining 7 hours DCPC on the Saturday following the ADR course (which runs Monday to Friday including exams) for a reduced rate, and with the convenience of getting it all out of the way in one week. I’ve recommended they make this a Drivers Hours course as that is the most applicable add-on.

Dazzybee:

Zac_A:

Dazzybee:

TIA

Yes.
But bear in mind the cheapest 35 hrs course is £175. So compare that to how much an ADR course is. Which only lasts 2 years IIRC.

stu675:
Yes.
But bear in mind the cheapest 35 hrs course is £175. So compare that to how much an ADR course is. Which only lasts 2 years IIRC.

ADR driver training certification lasts for five years.

Whilst it’s true VR are still running DCPC for that price, the cheapest option might not be the wisest option for everyone.

Consider that (where I deliver ADR), you can get ADR inc Packages and Tanks, plus the other 7 hours DCPC, for £550. Subtract the £175 you might otherwise have paid for nothing more than your basic right to drive for a living, and for that extra £375 you’ve got extra earning potential, which would be especially valuable for a New Pass shopping around for jobs, whether permanent or agency.

One week of work that you would otherwise not have been eligible for will recoup the extra outlay immediately, then any ADR work you might get over the next 259 weeks (especially when the regular work has dried up completely) is a huge bonus.

UPDATE

I rang to query this and they removed the restriction so have now been able to book my CPC Module 2.

Still not sure if I needed to do it but I will.

How much £ have you found part 2&4 courses for?

Remember mods 2 + 4 are pass/fail tests
35 periodic is simply attendance

Stuart1:

Dazzybee:

Zac_A:

You need to phone dvla to book module 2 or get training company to book for you or as Zac says do 35hr hrs Periodic cpc

I sat on the phone to DVLA for an hour but when I got through, was able to book Mod 2. I agree that you cannot book these online.