Should I wait and do the boot camp or pay myself?

I tried to apply for a boot camp but I must have been a bit late in applying in the second week of December. The training company I applied to (after I chased them about it) said it would be Mid March before I start their course.
I already have my CPC and have my theory test next week.
I rang up another boot camp provider as I don’t want to be waiting around for months. They said if I pass my theory next week I will be ineligible for their course.
So that led me to think of a quicker option. There is a local trainer who could says I could start in February, I have the money to do the training myself but if I don’t pass first time I could end up losing a few quid more than I have budgeted for.

Any advice on what I should do?

If you have the funds available, I’d suggest to do it yourself.

I’d second that, these boot camps are an unproven method to your licence, and take a massive amount of time, time in which you could have recouped your initial outlay on your self-paid-for training

I would ask myself if a school can take bookings in the next few weeks, why isn’t their calendar full? The quality of the school and reviews are important. Have you visited and seen what the vehicles look like? What is the practice area like?

I can understand schools not wanting to take bookings from folks without the theory passes in place and a delay of a few weeks is quite normal and what you would expect. The process takes some time so just be patient go for the quality training even if you have to wait.

Edit: I don’t even know what the boot camp method is to be fair. Do you attend that course without theory tests in place? I dunno…

Noremac:
I would ask myself if a school can take bookings in the next few weeks, why isn’t their calendar full? The quality of the school and reviews are important. Have you visited and seen what the vehicles look like? What is the practice area like?

I can understand schools not wanting to take bookings from folks without the theory passes in place and a delay of a few weeks is quite normal and what you would expect. The process takes some time so just be patient go for the quality training even if you have to wait.

Edit: I don’t even know what the boot camp method is to be fair. Do you attend that course without theory tests in place? I dunno…

The school has good reviews on Google , I talked to the owner and he quoted around £2000 for the training. Another school in Liverpool with a qualified instructor is charging £3400. For such a big price discrepancy I am willing to give the lower priced schoola chance. They have a lot of satisfied customers according to their reviews. The school is LGV town and country near liverpool.

I think you should contact the forum sponsor, Peter Smythe Transport Training.

They come highly recommended and offer free accomodation during the training if you fit the distance criteria.

When I am ready to train, they will be the company I will be using.

Cptkimura:
I think you should contact the forum sponsor, Peter Smythe Transport Training.

They come highly recommended and offer free accomodation during the training if you fit the distance criteria.

When I am ready to train, they will be the company I will be using.

I rang them and the earliest they can offer training is May so I will not be using them.

I’ve got no connection to PSTT, but you might want to consider these three factors:
(i) the reason they have no availability until May could be that they’re booked well in advance because they’re popular.
(ii)Also, every single training provider worth their salt has a backlog of candidates due to covid restrictions, and
(iii) the availability of tests is a limiting factor for all TPs, and one which they have no control over, as this is all down to the vagaries of DVSA.