Understanding your driving test result

gov.uk/guidance/understandi … iving-test

Might be useful :smiley:

Thanks Rog, really useful.

Passed HP and theory today so next steps here I come :slight_smile:

There’s no new information. Any good trainer will fully understand this and explain it to his trainees.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
There’s no new information. Any good trainer will fully understand this and explain it to his trainees.

I don’t disagree, but nice to read it in advance!

Looks like an overall reduction in total minors allowable to 12, presumably taking into account the removal of the reverse and uncouple / recouple.

I always thought 3 minors in a particular category was a fail, but don’t see that mentioned. Possibly incurring 3 in the same category for a repeated driving error would be more likely than reaching 12 in total.

Looks like an overall reduction in total minors allowable to 12, presumably taking into account the removal of the reverse and uncouple / recouple.

I always thought 3 minors in a particular category was a fail, but don’t see that mentioned. Possibly incurring 3 in the same category for a repeated driving error would be more likely than reaching 12 in total.

Yes, 12 driving faults (the proper term for “minors” haha) is the max allowed and this does take into account the fact that the site work is now separate.

It used to be 3 faults in one box and you’re out. But I’ve seen multiple strokes in the same box that haven’t become a fail - though they normally do.

A couple more changes: there’s now 5 questions at the start of a CE test. This is because many CE candidates will not have passed a CAT C test.

The driving time for a CE test is now 60 minutes minimum (used to be 50). This is for the same reason as above.

Hope this helps, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

which cornflakes box was it again for hgv?

TruckDriverBen:

Really? :unamused:

The test has been extended. The number of permissible driving faults has been reduced. Which bit have I missed that suggests it’s a “cornflake box” job?

TruckDriverBen:

These type of comments make me laugh.

If a normal night is anything to go by there are plenty of C+E drivers that seem to have gotten their licence out of a cornflakes box way before these changes even were considered.

There are plenty of situations we could all describe during a normal day or nights work of complete bell end drivers in C+E.

A driver is only as good as they want to be full stop.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

You will get 5 show me/tell me questions if you are going car to C+E, it will 2 questions if you hold a full cat C.
There is no rule about how many faults can be marked in one box that will equate to a fail but as a potential LGV driver the examiner is looking for a much higher standard than a car driver.
It could be down to the route being used ie on a particular route you go ahead at two roundabouts where the approach is in the right hand lane and on both you occasions you run over the kerb or take way to much off 5he left lane when it isn’t needed, that could be one driving fault and the second mark may be serious as that’s is 100% of that type of roundabout has been wrong.

Pete S:

The test has been extended. The number of permissible driving faults has been reduced. Which bit have I missed that suggests it’s a “cornflake box” job?

Every experienced lorry driver acts as if they learned how to reverse at the course and not when out and about. Weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk