LGV - Module 2 Driver case study for CPC theory

Hi all,

I am looking for some advise on how to book my: Module 2 Driver case study for CPC theory test? On the gov.uk website, I can see the options for LGV Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception test, but not Module 2 CPC. Why can’t i find this option, my licence is pre 1997 which could be an issue perhaps… The training group I went through are not really helpful, they just told me to get back to them once I have passed my theory tests and they will book my practical test.

Any advice for a proper newbie?

Thanks
Jim

GlasgowJim:
Hi all,

I am looking for some advise on how to book my: Module 2 Driver case study for CPC theory test? On the gov.uk website, I can see the options for LGV Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception test, but not Module 2 CPC. Why can’t i find this option, my licence is pre 1997 which could be an issue perhaps… The training group I went through are not really helpful, they just told me to get back to them once I have passed my theory tests and they will book my practical test.

Thanks
Jim

Pre 1997 licence = 35 hours periodic attendance training not module 2 + 4 pass/fail tests
Right now you can do the 35 hours and get your digicard
If your training provider has the LGV course driver cpc approved then you can get some of the 35 hours from doing that :smiley:

As you have acquired rights you’ll need to contact them by phone to book: 0300 200 1122

Get the kettle on as they can often take a long time to answer. Calling at 8.00am when they open usually works better.

ROG:

GlasgowJim:
Hi all,

Thanks
Jim

Pre 1997 licence = 35 hours periodic attendance training not module 2 + 4 pass/fail tests
Right now you can do the 35 hours and get your digicard
If your training provider has the LGV course driver cpc approved then you can get some of the 35 hours from doing that :smiley:

Thanks for this info, I have fired off an email to the training provider. I won’t hold my breathe on a reply tho

BishBashBosh:
As you have acquired rights you’ll need to contact them by phone to book: 0300 200 1122

Get the kettle on as they can often take a long time to answer. Calling at 8.00am when they open usually works better.

Im off Monday and have a 3 year old, so calling them early should be a breeze. Thanks for this, i don’t know why my trainer never advised on this :unamused:

Just to add to what Rog said, getting DCPC for your practical truck training usually only works when you’re doing C+E, I haven’t heard of any C courses being approved for DCPC, though perhaps Pete and the others from PSTT might have something different to add to that.

Seems like you’ve discovered that not all truck trainers are the same; I’ve met a number of drivers who were never told that they needed their a DQC in order to drive commercially, and one who wasn’t told anything at all about DCPC, neither Initial nor Periodic, by his truck trainer. When I met him he’d been driving illegally for almost two years… (his TM has something to answer for on that score).

It would now be a bit odd if no approval for dcpc hours on C training but ok for CE training as we can now go directly to either with a car licence

I am only speaking in general terms. C to CE training has been accepted since the start of dcpc - 2009 for trucks. In the early days, it was also accepted for C1 to C but it got stopped. Doing a course directly to CE would not fit the way the cpc course is written - and so it couldn’t be utilised. Maybe someone will take the time to write a B to CE course. It wont be me as the demand for periodic cpc at licence acquisition stage has dropped substantially as the grandfather rights drivers are becoming less common.

I cannot explain the decisions made by JAUPT and DVSA; some make perfect sense whilst others simply baffle me.

Hope this helps a bit, Pete S :laughing: :laughing: