Looking for advice

Good morning,

I’ve decided that I want to leave the military, which I’ve been in for over 20 years.

I’m interested in going into driving and HGV is most definitely something which I’m considering. There is a lot of information out there and I’m someone who likes to gather information from someone who is knowledgeable in there field. Is there a company anyone who knows of or maybe a person on this forum I can speak to regarding a multitude of things regarding which license is preferable and most likely to lead to employment, the level of employment and in what areas, good websites to search for employment?

I know this seems a really generic request and apologies for that, but I’m an absolute newbie and would really appreciate some advice from an expert.

Kind regards,

B

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

Pete S:
Pleasure talking to you as well.

Hope it all goes smoothly. You know I can always always be contacted on the forum or pm

Pete S

this was from another thread in this section, but I’m sure Pete S would be happy to speak/communicate with you. (He is the Pete from the forum sponsor training provider although slightly stepped back from the firm now)

Fire away!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Some advise getting a ticket or a license for operating mobile cranes or stationary cranes that you see on large building sites to be more beneficial than commercial vehicle driving or heavy machinery on construction sites to consider or the military are pretty good in career advice when leaving with their advisers.

Many thanks for the replies.

ROG, thanks for the link, I will have a look through that.

Pete S, I will definitely PM you, as from scanning through the forum you seem very well respected.

sky captain, thanks that is an interesting suggestion and something I’ll look into.

I have heard go and bad things about the military resettlement process. I just don’t want to leave it until I have pressed the button to leave before I have found something and have definite plans in place.

There is the security sector to try such as festivals , concerts and live events or even train as a plumber , carpenter , gas fitter , electrician and I have seen a job paying £35,000 PA as a kitchen designer .
A building site labourer is good pay or a machine driver on site is another route .