3a test available to all

The new 3a test is available NOW at the Sutton in Ashfield site of Peter Smythe Transport Training. Simply call 01623 555661.

Test Fee £40
Vehicle for test (if required) £30
Supervised Practice with PSTT vehicle £30 30 minutes
Practice with any other vehicle - not available.

Candidate must have passed theory and hazard perception and produce certificates together with licence at start of test. No docs, no test.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Any free for this week? Cat c.

Hi Pete

I’d be interested in this. Bearing in mind I have never driven a C + E. I have done the manouvre many times in the C with zero issues but that is considerably easier apparently.
If I were to borrow the use of a PSTT vehicle, would 30mins to an hour suffice and follow it with the Test 3a ?

Plus I’m available ASAP if you have any timeslots open.

Many thanks

Yes. Phone the office 01623 555661. If you supply the vehicle, it must conform to DVSA minimum test vehicle regs. If using one of PSTT’s, then the charge applies for vehicle hire. If you’ve had no tuition, don’t panic. 30 minutes tuition/practice should be fine.

I’ll leave it with you to call the office and get it sorted.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Bearing in mind I have never driven a C + E. I have done the manouvre many times in the C with zero issues but that is considerably easier apparently.
If I were to borrow the use of a PSTT vehicle, would 30mins to an hour suffice and follow it with the Test 3a ?

It’s highly unlikely that anyone could learn to reverse an artic and uncouple/recouple within an hour.

I strongly recommend you go for the 3a package. This includes up to 5 hours tuition, the 3a test and the vehicle for the test. All this for just £300.

Much better to do it properly and pass. This is not the time to cut corners on training.

I’m sure this could be made available within days. But you need to call the office 01623 555661 and make arrangements.

Take care, and good luck with it. Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

Yes. Phone the office 01623 555661. If you supply the vehicle, it must conform to DVSA minimum test vehicle regs. If using one of PSTT’s, then the charge applies for vehicle hire. If you’ve had no tuition, don’t panic. 30 minutes tuition/practice should be fine.

I’ll leave it with you to call the office and get it sorted.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you :slight_smile: I shall ring in the morning

Just as a footnote:

Candidate must have passed theory and hazard perception and produce certificates together with licence at start of test. No docs, no test.

Pete S:

Bearing in mind I have never driven a C + E. I have done the manouvre many times in the C with zero issues but that is considerably easier apparently.

It’s highly unlikely that anyone could learn to reverse an artic and uncouple/recouple within an hour.

I strongly recommend you go for the 3a package. This includes up to 5 hours tuition, the 3a test and the vehicle for the test. All this for just £300.

Much better to do it properly and pass. This is not the time to cut corners on training.

I’m sure this could be made available within days. But you need to call the office 01623 555661 and make arrangements.

Take care, and good luck with it. Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Actually sounds pretty reasonable Pete for 5 hours tuition and test all in. I’ll give the office a call in the morning. Hopefully can fit it all in one day - I live about 60 miles away.

Cheers Pete

Actually sounds pretty reasonable Pete for 5 hours tuition and test all in.

I believe it’s very good value and also takes the pressure away from the main driving test.

One final thing Pete. Is that inclusive of the Trucknet discount or is that standard and I don’t have to mention the forum?

Thanks again

Fair question. Trucknet discount applies only to full practical driving courses. So not applicable for 3a.

Hope that makes sense Pete S :laughing: :laughing: