Obtained my C+E Provisional

Obtained my C+E Provisional this morning :smiley:
Anyone else?

stu675:
Anyone else?

Yup me too! [emoji3] Got the automated reply back almost instantly

ā€œ Booking and taking a test
You will be able to book a driving test for any of the additional provisional entitlements you now hold. However, you must take a printed or digital copy of this automatic response email along with a printed or digital copy the original application email, and your existing driving licence to the driving test to show to the examiner. Without these, the examiner is unable to confirm that you have applied to DVLA, and your test will not be able to go ahead.ā€

Must be a bit early so sorry for the dim question, butā€¦.What is the ā€œOriginal application emailā€

stu675:
Anyone else?

Yes me too. I have my Class C test a week today, so just got mine updated so I donā€™t have to wait around afterwards.

FlashMcRack:
Must be a bit early so sorry for the dim question, butā€¦.What is the ā€œOriginal application emailā€

The email that you send to the DVLA requesting the additional provisional entitlements, is how I read it [emoji106]

FlashMcRack:
You will be able to book a driving test for any of the additional provisional entitlements you now hold. However, you must take a printed or digital copy of this automatic response email along with a printed or digital copy the original application email, and your existing driving licence to the driving test to show to the examiner. Without these, the examiner is unable to confirm that you have applied to DVLA, and your test will not be able to go ahead.ā€

I think thatā€™s the original sent email you received an auto response fromā€¦again its early so I am not 100 percent. Best to ask Pete S from the site sponsor or ROG mate if Iā€™m being honest.

FlashMcRack:

The email that you sent this morning. As Pete S says, has to include your name, driving license number and date of birth.
(The point is the email reply is totally automatic and generic so not personal to you)

Perfect, thatā€™s what I thought, so the email I sent to DVLA to upgrade, the automated response and my driving licence. Cheers for confirming :slight_smile:

Same here, sent email and got automated response straight away. Glad Pete posted the info on this forum as Iā€™m not on any social media and wouldnā€™t have known.

BedfordJ5:
Same here, sent email and got automated response straight away. Glad Pete posted the info on this forum as Iā€™m not on any social media and wouldnā€™t have known.

Yeah, Iā€™m glad Pete posted it too, as I had heard nothing about it elsewhere either.

I have checked the Governmentā€™s website this morning and they have updated it to now include the email address also:

gov.uk/adding-higher-catego ā€¦ ng-licence

Got mine too. The system seems to work to efficiently for it to be the DVLA :laughing:

1van:
Got mine too. The system seems to work to efficiently for it to be the DVLA :laughing:

Well they couldā€™ve automatically updated everyoneā€™s C provisional instantly I suppose. When they scrapped the B+E they mustā€™ve updated everyoneā€™s normal B licence? Maybe?

BedfordJ5:
When they scrapped the B+E they mustā€™ve updated everyoneā€™s normal B licence? Maybe?

That upgrade has been postponed until ā€¦ we wait and see

What is the ā€œOriginal application emailā€

Itā€™s the email you send to DVLA with your name, driver number and dob.

You will then receive the automated reply. I know of dozens of these that have been done today and the system seems to be holding up.

No need to print them off. You can show a trainer/examiner on your phone. But, without them, no test.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Afternoon all,

Stupid question inbound, I assume I will see my C+E in the list of ā€œVehicles you can provisionally driveā€?

See below:
ibb.co/Czj8j3C

Thanks

Edit: I sent my D2/D4 off to DVLA on Friday 12th, they signed for it on Monday 15th. I know it will take a while to be processed, just wondering where I can check prio to receiving my licence back in the post.

Thanks, again :slight_smile:

stu675:
Anyone else?

Yes me too !

RikkiDLGV:
Afternoon all,

Stupid question inbound, I assume I will see my C+E in the list of ā€œVehicles you can provisionally driveā€?

See below:
ibb.co/Czj8j3C

Thanks

No. The computers will not be updated immediately. You will need a copy of the email you sent and the reply from DVLA to show anybody e.g Examiner etc

You can also show the docs on a ā€œdeviceā€ eg phone. No need to print them off.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
You can also show the docs on a ā€œdeviceā€ eg phone. No need to print them off.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes thanks! I donā€™t own a printer and donā€™t know anyone else who does either!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RikkiDLGV:
Afternoon all,

See below:
ibb.co/Czj8j3C

Thanks

Edit: I sent my D2/D4 off to DVLA on Friday 12th, they signed for it on Monday 15th. I know it will take a while to be processed, just wondering where I can check prio to receiving my licence back in the post.

Thanks, again :slight_smile:

Yes I believe since your first application was after the 15th November, your driving license should be updated with C+E .
Whereas most of us on this thread had to send an email, so we wonā€™t see ours online.